SBI online banking gives the option to register, change and cancel nomination details without going to the bank. In this article, we will see how to change nominee in SBI online in step by step detailed guide.
Requirements to change nominee in SBI –
- SBI netbanking username.
- SBI netbanking password.
- Mobile number registered with the bank.
- Mobile number must be active and should be able to receive OTP via SMS.
How to change Nominee in SBI online?
There are two steps which you need to perform. The first step is to cancel the existing nominee and then register for new nominee. We will see both the steps in detail –
Step A – Cancel nominee in SBI Account?
- Open SBI netbanking and log in with your user id and password. – https://onlinesbi.com
- From the login page, click on the ‘Requests & Enquiries‘ option from the main menu.
- From the new page, click on the ‘Online Nomination‘ option.
- On the next page, select the ‘Cancel Nomination‘ tab and then select the saving account or deposit account from the list displayed on the screen.
- Now, click on the “I accept the Terms and Conditions” button from the next page and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen and click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Now, you can see the message stating ‘Nomination is scheduled for cancellation‘ OR ‘your nomination is canceled‘ based on the time of application.
- Wait till the current nominee is canceled. Until then, you will not be able to change nominee in SBI account.
Step B – Register new nominee in SBI account
- Once the nominee is canceled, you can go to the Register tab from the page.
- Then select the account number (saving or deposit).
- On the new page, enter the nomination details such as nominee name, relationship with the account holder, Address of Nominee, etc.
- You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the screen and then click on Confirm button.
- The nominee will be added and linked to your account.
In this guide, we have seen how to change nominee in SBI online using internet banking. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, write to us in the comment section below.