American Express India offers a wide range of credit cards in India. This guide is important for you if you have any variant of Amex cards. For a new card, it is mandatory to enable online transactions by yourself using online methods. In this guide, we will see how to activate amex card for online transactions through different methods in step-by-step instructions.
Table of Contents
Requirements to activate Amex card for online transactions –
- Amex card login details – username and Password
- Amex Card must be activated. Read the online activation process.
- A registered mobile number must be with you to receive OTP.
Once you have all the required details with you, let’s know the different methods to complete this process.
How to activate Amex card for online transactions?
There are two different methods available to do this process –
- Through Amex Card App.
- Through Amex Website.
We will see both methods in detail.
Method 1 – How to activate Amex card for online transaction using Amex App?
- Open Amex Card App on your smartphone.
- Enter the Password or authenticate using your fingerprint.
- On the homepage, tap on ‘My Account‘ option.
- On the new page, tap on the ‘Transaction Security Settings‘ option.
- Enable toggle button for Online and Chip based transactions.
- At the bottom of the page, press the ‘Save Settings‘ option.
Online and Pos transactions are now enabled for your amex card.
Method 2 – How to activate Amex card for online transaction using Amex Website?
- Open Amex India Website on your computer/smartphone browser – https://www.americanexpress.com/en-in/account/login
- Click on the Login button.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Enter OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- From the menu, click on the ‘My Account‘ option.
- Then select ‘View My account Homepage‘ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Account Management‘ option from the sub-menu.
- Then under Card management, select the ‘Transaction security settings‘ option.
- You can now enable online and chip transactions for both Domestic and international channels as per your requirements.
- At the end of all the options, click on the ‘Save settings‘ button.
You can now use your Amex card for online and pos transactions.
In this guide, we have seen how to activate Amex card for online transaction using two different methods. If you have any queries regarding the information provided in the article, let us know in the comment section below.