The post office now offers a free savings account to everyone. You can open the savings bank account in the post office by sitting at home. With this account, you can avail of all digital services like checking account balance, mini statement, funds transfer, etc. In this post, we will see the post office account balance enquiry online and offline.
Table of Contents
Things required to check post office account balance
- The Registered mobile number.
- The mobile number should be active to receive the OTP via SMS.
- CIF number and DOB for mobile app registration.
Methods for Post office account balance Enquiry
There are a total of 5 methods to check post office account balance.
|SMS Banking||Send SMS – BAL on 7738062873|
|Mobile App – IPPB Mobile Banking||Check the balance in the mobile App|
|QR card||Scan the QR card and check the balance|
|UPI App||Download UPI app, register, and check balance|
We will see all the methods in detail –
Method 1 – SMS Banking to get Post office account balance enquiry
- From your registered mobile number, type REGISTER in the SMS app and send it to 7738062873.
- Once you register for SMS banking successfully, you can now check the balance by sending BAL to 7738062873.
Method 2 – Give Missed call to check office bank balance
- Dial 8424054994 from your registered mobile number to register for missed call banking.
- Now, give missed to 8424046556.
- In a few moments, you will get SMS, stating your account balance.
- For mini statement, give missed to 8424026886.
Method 3 – Check post office account balance through Mobile App
- Download the IPPB mobile banking app on your phone –
- Now, open the App, and enter your account number, CIF number, date of birth, mobile number to register on the App.
- You will get OTP on your phone, enter this OTP to verify your identity.
- Once the registration is successful, Set the MPIN to login to the App.
- You can now see the account balance on the dashboard.
Method 4 – Get bank account balance through Phone banking.
- Dial 155299 from your registered mobile number, and follow the IVRS instructions.
- Now, select the language you want to hear and then select account details.
- Now select Get account balance, and you can hear the balance in your account.
155299 is toll-free number all over India.
Method 5 – Use Post office OR card to check account balance
- Scan the QR code printed in QR card given by post office bank.
- Now, you will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number,m enter this OTP.
- Now, enter the OVD verification.
- You will get the account balance on the phone.
Method 6 – Use UPI App to check account balance.
You will need an ATM card for this method.
- First, download on any UPI app. There are many UPI apps available on the play store/ App store. For now, we will see, PhonePe App.
- Now, register on the App using mobile number, ATM card details.
- Once you complete the registration, on the main page, click on the Check Balance option.
- After you enter the UPI PIN, you can see the Post office account balance enquiry on your phone.