PAN is an integral part of every documentation ever in India. For almost every government work, you need a PAN number as Identity Proof. In case you have lost your PNA card and also forgot a PAN number, and you don’t have a PAN number also, then you may get the question – How can I get my lost PAN card without PAN number?🤔 In such a case, you may face difficulties in availing and completing documentation or simply opening an account with the bank, applying for a loan, and many more things. Fortunately, there are some ways through which you can get lost PAN card without a PAN number. Once you get the PAN number, you can download the e-PAN number and order a new PAN card.
In this guide, we will see how to get lost PAN card without PAN number by different methods. Some of these methods are online, and others are offline. You can try the following methods one by one till you get your PAN. I bet you will get your PAN number before reaching the last method, which is explained below.
How can I get my lost PAN card without PAN number?
Since there is no facility to recover lost PAN numbers on the UTI or NSDL portal, you may try the following workaround methods to get your PAN number –
Method 1 – Know your PAN number by calling Income Tax department helpline number
- From your PAN linked mobile number, dial an IncomeTax Helpline number – 18001801961
- Once the call gets connected, ask them you want to know your PAN number.
- Executive asks you to provide Name, Father’s name, PIN code of address registered with PAN, etc.
- After verifying the details you provided, they will tell you the PAN number.
- Write down the PAN number with you and follow the next section of this article to download e-PAN using PAN number.
Method 2 – Get my lost PAN card without PAN number by using Digilocker
If you have uploaded your PAN card or linked a PAN card with the DigiLocker app/portal, you can download and view your PAN number by logging in to digilocker.gov.in
- Open https://www.digilocker.gov.in/ on your computer or open App installed on your phone.
- Login using Aadhar number or mobile number.
- Then go to the Issued Documents.
- You can find the PAN verification Record from the list displayed on the screen and get the PAN number displayed there.
Method 3- How to get lost PAN card without PAN number through ITR documents
If you have filed ITR for the current financial year or previous FY, you can get the PAN number mentioned in the ITR documents. You can check your Email for the mail sent by the ITR department and download your documents.
If you can log in to an Incometax portal (new portal), you can view your PAN number mentioned in profile section.
Method 4 – Get your PAN number from Internet banking of your Bank account.
Many banks provide the option to view/update PAN number from Internet Banking. You can log in to Internet banking using Username and Password. You can go KYC section from the menu and get the PAN number mentioned there.
You can follow this path according to where you hold your Bank account –
- HDFC Bank – Login –> Profile Details — Get PAN number mentioned here.
- SBI Bank – Login –> e-Services –> My Certificates –> Download Form 16A –> Select Financial Year and Quarter. On the new screen, you can view the PAN number.
- ICICI Bank – Login –> Overview –> Personal Details –> Get your PAN card number here.
- IDFC Bank – Login –> Customer Services –> Download Interest Certificate –> Get the PAN number mentioned in the Interest cerficate.
We will update the bank list with more banks and process to get your PAN number from bank internet login.
Method 5 – How to get PAN number by visiting Bank branch
Visit your bank branch and ask them to give you your PAN number. Provide the details, documents asked for verification, and they will tell you the PAN number.
Method 6 – Get PAN number from Demat account.
For an Online Demat account, a PAN number is also a mandatory document. If you already have a Demat account, you may get the PAN number, and other KYC documents upload while opening the account.
Method 7 – How to download PAN number without PAN number by using Credit Report downloaded earlier
CIBIL report/Experian Report downloaded earlier has a PAN number and your other personal details. You can open the PDF file and get the PAN number from such documents.
How can I DOWNLOAD my lost PAN card without PAN number?
Once you know the PAN number, you can now download the E-PAN card and use it as an Identity document.
A. Download e-PAN from NSDL website
- Open NSDL online PAN download portal on your computer’s or phone’s browser – https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/requestAndDownloadEPAN.html
- In the form opened on the new page, enter your PAN number, Aadhar Number, and Date of Birth in MM/YYYY.
- Also, enter the captcha code displayed on the screen and then click on the Submit button.
- On the new page, select where you want to receive OTP – on Email ID, Mobile number, Or both.
- On the new page, enter the OTP received on your email id/mobile number and click on Submit button.
- Now, from the new page, you can download the EPAN in PDF format.
B. Download e-PAN from UTI website
- Open PAN card UTI website in the browser – https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/
- Now, click on the Download e-PAN option from the homepage.
- From the new page, enter PAN number, Date of Birth in MM/YYYY, and captcha code.
- Click on the Submit button.
- You will receive the link on your registered mobile number. Open the link to download e-PAN in PDF format.
How to link PAN-Aadhar?
As per Income tax department guidelines, every individual needs to link their Aadhar card with PAN card. You can do the same from the Income-tax portal –
- Open Incometx portal on your computer/phone’s browser – https://www.incometax.gov.in/
- Now, click on the Link Aadhar option from the homepage.
- On the new page, enter your PAN, Aadhar number, Name as per Aadhar, Mobile number.
- If your Aadhar card is printed only with Birth Year, tick mark in front of “I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card.”
- Also, tick mark in front of “I agree to validate my Aadhaar details.”
- Finally, click on Link Aadhar button to complete Aadhar PAN linking.