Money transfer from Bank account to Bank account has many options now. You can use Internet Banking, IMPS, NEFT, UPI Money transfer. You can use the Bank app/website, UPI apps to send/receive money from a bank account. But what if you have only Debit card and want to transfer money from debit card to bank account? This is not a widely used method to add money to a bank account and may be useful to some of the peoples only. If you are looking for the same then this guide is for you. In this article, we will see how to transfer money from debit card to bank account online.
Table of Contents
Things required to add money in an account using Debit card
- Debit card details – Card Number, Expiry Date and CVV number
- Beneficiary Account details – Account number, IFSC Number and bank name of the beneficiary account.
- Registered mobile number – The mobile number registered with the bank must be with you to verify transaction made using a debit card.
- Mobile number should be active to receive OTP via SMS.
Methods to add money in an account using a debit card
- Using Kotak 811 App ( free) [require Kotak bank account]
- Add money in Paytm Bank using a debit card (free) [require Kotak bank account]
- Using Paytm to transfer money from debit card to bank account (free)
- Using Mobikwik (charges may apply)
- Using CDM machine (charges may apply)
we will see each method way in detail –
Method 1 – Kotak Mobile App to transfer money from Debit card to Bank Account
If you have Kotak Bank Account then you can use Debit card option to transfer money from that debit card to your Kotak bank account for free.
- Install Kotak Mobile Banking App on your smartphone.
- Register on Kotak App using registered mobile number and Kotak CRN.
- Once the registration is completed, log in with six-digit MPIN or Biometric verification.
- Tap on Kotak 811 option from the home screen.
- Now, tap on “Add Money to your 811 Account” and select “Debit Card” option.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer from debit card to Bank account and tap on Continue button.
- On the new screen, select Debit card from the tab and then enter the debit card details such as Card Number, Expiry Date and CVV number.
- Tap on “Pay Now” button to go to the payment gateway.
- On the payment gateway, enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- After successful verification of transaction, amount will be credited to your account.
Must Read – How to stop credit card calls completely
Method 2 – How to transfer money from Debit card to Bank account using PayTm
Anyone with internet access can use the Paytm to transfer money from any debit card to a bank account.
- Login/register on Paytm from App or website – https://paytm.com/
- You must complete an E-KYC in Paytm to transfer money to a bank account. Complete KYC using your PAN card and Addhar card.
- Click on Add money option from the main menu.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to the account and then click on “Add Money” button.
- On the new screen, Select Debit card option and enter debit card number, CVV, Expiry date.
- Click on Pay button to go the payment gateway.
- On the Payment gateway, enter the OTP sent by your bank on registered mobile number.
- Once the transaction is verified, the amount will be added to Paytm wallet.
- Now, open Balance and history option then select Paytm Wallet.
- Now, select Send Money to Bank option.
- On the new screen, You can see the applicable charges. For me its 0% for now. ( Paytm is offering free balance transfer to the bank, for now, they may change it anytime).
- You can send minimum ₹20 to maximum ₹25000 in a single transaction.
- On the new screen, you can enter the account number, IFSC number. tap on Send button to transfer money to a bank account.
Method 3 – How to transfer money from Debit card to Bank account using Mobikwik
Mobikwik is Made in India App recently got popular after Aatmanirbhar campaign started by the government. Mobikwik offers various online services such as recharge, bill payment, credit card bill payment via debit card and money transfer from debit card to Bank account.
- Download and register on Mobikwik app on your smartphone or visit mobikwik wesbite – https://www.mobikwik.com/
- Click on “Add Money” option and then enter the amount you want to add to the wallet. (later, you can transfer this money to bank account with some charges, so add some more money which you want to transfer to bank account).
- Select New debit card option from the screen and then enter the debit card number, Expiry date and CVV.
- A new page will authenticate your transaction with OTP. You will receive OTP on bank registered mobile number, enter this OTP on payment gateway page.
- Once the transaction is successful, your MobiKwik wallet will the loaded with the amount you added.
- Now, Click on Wallet Transfer option from the main menu on the left side.
- Select “Wallet to bank” on the screen, then enter the bank account number, IFSC code and amount you want to transfer. (Minimum amount to transfer to bank is ₹50. To know maximum amount which can be transferred to bank, click on Transfer limit option near amount box.
- You can now click on Go button. On the next screen, you can view the applicable charges and the total amount to be debited from your wallet.
- If the charges are ok with you, click on Transfer button and the desired amount will be transferred to your account.
Method 4 – Transfer money from Debit card to bank account in Paytm Payments Bank
If you have Paytm payments bank, you can easily add money to your Paytm account using debit card.
- Open Paytm app on your smartphone.
- Select Paytm Bank option from the main screen.
- Then click on Add money option and then select Add Money from debit card.
- Enter the amount you want to add in Paytm account.
- You can now enter Debit card details Card number, Expiry date and CVV.
- On the payment gateway page enter the OTP you have received on your bank registered mobile number.
- After the verification is completed, money will be added to bank account.
Method 5 – Use the CDM machine to send money to account
If none of the above methods is working for you, then the last way to send money to someone if you only have debit card is to use CDM machine.
- First of all, withdraw money from the ATM.
- Go the Cash Deposit Machine (CDM) of the bank and select send money on account number.
- Enter the receiver’s account number and IFSC code.
- Enter the Amount you want to send.
- Finally, put the money in the CDM machine.
- After counting the notes, machine will display the total amount.
- Confirm the amount and click on deposit option.
- The money will be sent to the receivers bank account immediately.
- Do not forget to collect the receipt of the amount deposited.
Must Read – What is UPI transaction limit per day?