Kotak bank is one of the leading banks in India. The bank offers many online services for its customers through the website and mobile apps. One such feature is internet banking and mobile banking. To log in to Kotak bank internet banking, you need to have the CRN of your account. In this post, I have explained what is CRN number and how to get Kotak CRN number.
Table of Contents
What is Kotak CRN number? What is the use of Kotak CRN number?
The full form of CRN is the Customer Reference Number. This unique number is assigned to every Kotak bank account holder. CRN is used to identify customers and their data and any Kotak Branch.
Also, CRN is required to log in to Kotak net banking and Kotak Mobile App.
How to get Kotak CRN number? Forgot Kotak CRN Number –
If you forgot CRN number, then you can get it back. Now you know that CRN is required for Kotak online banking, you will need this number for the first time login to your Kotak mobile app or every time for login into Kotak net banking.
There are three ways to get CRN number. We will discuss each method one by one to get this number for your Kotak account.
Method 1 – How to get Kotak CRN number from Debit Card?
If you have a debit card for your Kotak account, it’s very easy to get CRN. Just get your debit card and see the number printed below your Name. That’s it; this is your CRN.
However, if you have a Kotak 811 account and only have a virtual card, you have to get the number via other methods. Let’s check those methods.
Must Read – How to block Kotak Debit card instantly?
Method 2 – How to get Kotak CRN Number by Sending SMS?
You can get CRN by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number in Kotak bank.
- Get your registered mobile number and open the messaging App from the launcher.
- Now type the following text and send it to the below number. Please note that the SMS is chargeable by your SIM service provider.
Type – CRN and send it on 9971056767
- After some time, you will get a reply with your CRN.
You can use this number for Kotak net banking registration.
Method 3 – How to get Kotak CRN Number using Kotak Mobile App
If you are already using a Kotak 811 Mobile App, you can easily get the CRN number without logging into the App.
- Open Kotak Mobile App on your Smartphone.
- Do not log in to the App; on the login screen, tap on the ‘Forgot PIN‘ option at the bottom of the page.
- Now, you can see the CRN number of your account.
That’s it; without login into the App, you can easily get the Kotak CRN Number.
Method 4 – How to get Kotak CRN number from Mobile App
- Login to the Kotak Bank App by entering six digit MPIN.
- Now, on the main screen, tap on Kotak 811 option.
- Now, tap on the ‘See Account Details‘ option on the page.
- Now, you can view the CRN number, account number, IFSC number, etc., at the bottom of the screen.
Method 5 – How to get Kotak CRN Number via an online portal?
Note that this method is only for ING Vysya migrated accounts.
- Open this website on your phone/computer – https://www.kotak.com/OPR/fpass/wbg/knowYourKtkCrn.jsp.
- Scroll down and enter your old Customer ID or existing CRN.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code and then click on the SUBMIT button to get your new CRN.
CRN is a unique number assigned to every Kotak bank customer. If you forgot Kotak CRN, you can get it by three easy methods. All the methods are explained here in this article in a good manner so that you can recover them fastly.
If you have any doubts/questions about “Forgot CRN number and how to get Kotak CRN Number,” please comment below in the comment section.
- How to know my kotak 811 account number?
- Kotak bank passbook request online. Kotak 811 passbook apply online in 5 minutes
- Kotak Mahindra bank statement download in 2 minutes
- Kotak bank statement download without login
- How to do Kotak bank address change online?
- Stop Kotak Mahindra Bank credit card calls with this online form. [5 minute process]
- I forgot mpin kotak 811: How to reset kotak 811 MPIN