Kotak Bank credit card can be managed from your smartphone or computer. Many services related to Kotak Bank credit card are now accessible at your fingertips. While using Kotak Credit card, you must know the bill’s statement date and due date. As a responsible spender, you must always pay your bills on time so that your credit score will not harm and eventually improve. In this guide, we will know what is my Kotak Credit card statement Date and its due date.
Table of Contents
What happens when you pay your bills late? Overdue effect –
There is always a good practice to pay the bill before the due date. Generally, paying off the bills 3-4 days before is always a good practice as some credit card issuing banks might take time to settle the payments. However, if you, by chance, missed the due date and make a late payment, the lender will mark it as a missed payment and charge you the overdue charges. These charges are of high percentage, and you may face a significant loss.
The lender will also inform Credit score authorities about late payments, and your credit score may come down. The credit report will also add a late payment remark for a respective credit card. Another lender, when they check your credit report, may see the late payment and can decline your loan/credit card application.
Importance of knowing the Kotak Credit card statement date and due date –
It is essential to always remember your credit card statement date and due date so that you will spend sensibly and always pay off the bill on time. A good repayment is always an indicator of a good payer and eventually improves your credit score and credibility index.
Alternatively, knowing the statement date helps you to plan your purchases. Let’s say you plan to purchase a mobile worth 10,000 rs on 1st July, your statement date is 5th July, and the Due date is 25th July. Now, if you buy a phone on 1st July, you will be billed on 5th July, and you must pay before 25th July. Now, If you knew the kotak credit card statement date was the 5th before your purchase, you might have planned the purchase on the 6th or 7th of July, and you would be billed on 5th August and pay before 25th August. That’s a whole 1 month of free usage of credit. So it is always a great idea to know Kotak Credit card statement.
Now let’s learn the process to see the statement and due dates.
How to view Kotak Credit card Statement Date?
From Kotak Internet Banking, you can see the Kotak credit card statement date.
- Open Kotak Bank Internet Banking website on your computer/smartphone – https://netbanking.kotak.com/knb2/
- Log in using your CRN/Card Number and Password.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Once you log in to your account, click on the ‘Cards‘ option from the left side menu.
- Select the ‘Credit Cards‘ option from the sub-menu.
- Now, from the new page, click on the Statement option and select the ‘Current Statement‘ option.
- On the new page, you can now see the statement period as 25/05/2022 to 25/06/2022. The last day is your statement date.
- The statement will be generated 1 or 2 days later and sent to you via email.
How to view Koka Credit card Due Date?
- Follow steps 1 to 6 from the above section.
- You can see the payment due date option.
- This is your last date to pay the bill amount.
How to auto debit bill for Kotak Credit card?
Do you forget to pay the bill before the due date? Don’t worry; you can now set an Auto debit so that the bill amount will be automatically paid from your Kotak bank account, and you don’t need to pay the bill manually.
You need to have a Kotak Bank account, and a credit card is added under the same CRN.
- On the Kotak net banking login, click on the ‘Cards‘ and from the sub-menu, select the ‘Credit cards‘ option.
- Now, click on ‘Value Added Services‘ from the card menu.
- Thn select ‘Auto Debit‘ option from sub-menu.
- You can now click on the ‘Set Auto Debit‘ button and select the card from the list.
- You can now select your Kotak Bank account from the list. Also, select the ‘Total Amount Due‘ option.
- Click on Submit button to save the changes.
- Confirm your selection by clicking Confirm button.
The bill amount will be auto-debited from your Kotak bank account.
In this guide, we have seen how to know my Kotak credit card statement date and due date. We have also seen the importance of paying credit card bill on time and setting an auto-debit credit card bill from the saving account.
- How to activate Kotak credit card for online transaction? : 2 Easy methods
- Kotak credit card activation in 2 easy steps.
- How to check Kotak credit card application status? : track in 1 minute
- Kotak bank credit card PIN generation: 4 Easy Methods
- How to do Kotak debit card PIN generation online? [in 5 minutes]
- How to know my kotak 811 account number?