As per new RBI guidelines, international transactions on debit/credit cards are turned OFF by default. To do international transactions, you must manually enable it from internet banking/mobile banking or send SMS from your registered mobile number. This guide will show how to enable international transaction on Kotak debit card.
Table of Contents
Things required to enable international transaction on Kotak Debit card
- Registered mobile number – Your mobile number must be registered with the bank and should be with you during the process.
- Internet banking User ID and Password – To enable international transactions via net banking. Know the process of changing Kotak net banking password.
- Kotak CRN – To register on Kotak Mobile app. Learn how to get Kotak CRN if you forgot.
How to enable international transactions on Kotak debit card?
There are three methods through which you can enable or disable int. transactions –
- By using Kotak 811 App.
- By sending SMS
- By using Internet Banking
Method 1 – How to enable international transaction on Kotak Debit card using Kotak 811 App
- Step 1: First of all, download Kotak 811 mobile app on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Now, register using CRN and a registered mobile number on the app.
- Step 3: Once the registration is completed, login into the app using a six-digit MPIN or fingerprint authentication.
- Step 4: From the bottom menu, tap the Service Requests option.
- Step 5: Tap on the Debit Card option from the menu.
- Step 6: Now, tap on the Card Controls Option from the menu.
- Step 7: Under the International Controls option, enable Ecom/POS/ATM options per your requirement.
- Step 8: Tap the Confirm button to receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Step 9: Enter this OTP and click on the Continue button.
An international transaction is now enabled on your Kotak debit card.
Must Read – How to block Kotak Debit card instantly
Method 2 – How to Enable international transactions on Kotak debit card by Sending SMS
- Step 1: From your registered mobile number, type the following SMS –
Type DCENB [space] Last four digits of the card number
- Step 2: Send this message on 9971056767
- Step 3: Once the SMS is delivered successfully, the International transaction will be activated on your Kotak debit card.
Method 3 – Enable Internation transactions on Kotak ATM card using Internet Banking
- Open the Kotak Bank website on your computer/smartphone browser – https://netbanking.kotak.com/knb2/
- Log in using your CRN / Mobile Number and Password.
- Now, from the dashboard, click on the Services tab; from the left side menu, click on the “Cards” option.
- Then click on the “Debit Card” option.
- Now, click the “Click here to view/modify the limit on your Debit Card” option from the debit card shown on the screen.
- Enable the International Transactions from the screen and click Continue to save the changes.
How to disable International transactions on Kotak debit card?
After you complete your international transaction, you may want to disable the international usage on your card. This step is recommended to secure your card from possible fraud.
- Step 1: Log in to Kotak 811 App and tap on the ‘Service Request‘ option from the bottom menu.
- Step 2: Tap the ‘Debit card‘ option and then the ‘Card control‘ option.
- Step 3: Disable the ‘International’ option by tapping on the toggle button.
- Step 4: Tap on the ‘Continue’ button, and from the next screen, confirm that you want to disable international transactions.
International Card usage will be disabled until you enable it manually.
In this guide, we have seen how to enable international transaction on Kotak debit card. You can do this process on your own by just sending SMS or from the Kotak app itself. If you have any doubts/queries regarding this post, please write to us in the comment section below.
- Kotak bank passbook request online. Kotak 811 passbook apply online in 5 minutes
- How to download Interest Certificate from Kotak bank?
- What is my Kotak bank statement pdf password?
- How to activate Kotak Debit card for Online transaction?
- How to do Kotak debit card PIN generation online? [in 5 minutes]
- How to activate Kotak credit card for online transactions? : 2 Easy methods