As per new RBI guidelines, the international transactions on the debit/credit cards are turned off by default. If you want to do international transactions, you need to manually enable it from internet banking/mobile banking or send SMS from your registered mobile number. In this guide, we will see how to enable international transaction on Kotak debit card.
Things required to enable international transaction on Kotak Debit card
- Registered mobile number – Your mobile number must be registered with the bank and should be with you during the process.
- Internet banking User ID and Password – To enable international transaction via net banking.
- Kotak CRN – To register on Kotak Mobile app
Method 1 – How to enable international transaction on Kotak Debit card
- First of all, download Kotak 811 mobile app on your smartphone.
- Now, register on the app using CRN and registered mobile number.
- Once the registration is completed, login into the app using six-digit MPIN or fingerprint authentication.
- From the bottom menu, tap on the Service Requests option.
- Tap on the Debit Card option from the menu.
- Now, tap on the Card Controls Option from the menu.
- Under the International Controls option, enable Ecom/POS/ATM options as per your requirement.
- Tap on the Confirm button, and you will receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP and click on the Continue button.
An international transaction is now enabled on your Kotak debit card.
Must Read – How to block Kotak Debit card instantly
Method 2 – How to enable international transaction on Kotak debit card by Sending SMS
- From your registered mobile number, type the following SMS –
Type DCENB [space] Last four digits of the card number
- send this message on 9971056767
- Once the SMS is delivered successfully, the International transaction will be activated on your Kotak debit card.
How to disable international transaction on Kotak debit card
After you complete your international transaction, you may want to disable the international usage on your card. This step is recommended to secure your card from possible fraud.
- Login to Kotak 811 App and tap on Service Request option from bottom menu.
- Tap on Debit card and then Card control option.
- Disable International option by tapping on the toggle button.
- Tap on the continue button and from the next screen, confirm that you want to disable international transaction.
International Card usage will be disabled until you enable it manually.
In this guide, we have seen how to enable international transaction on Kotak debit card. You can do this process on your own by just sending SMS or from the Kotak app itself. If you have any doubts/queries regarding this post, please write to us in the comment section below.