Kotak Bank credit card offers many discounts and reward points on many variants. You can track your card and if the card is approved and you have received a card, you need to activate the card before using it online or offline. In this guide, we will see how to activate Kotak credit card in just 5 minutes. All the processes of Kotak Credit card activation are explained in easy and step-by-step instructions.
Table of Contents
Requirements for Kotak Credit card activation –
- Kotak Credit card number, CVV, and Expiry Date.
- A registered mobile number must be with you.
- The mobile number must be active to receive OTP via SMS.
- Date of Birth of Card Holder.
Once you have all the required details, you can open easily activate your Kotak credit card. Let’s learn the steps to activate the card –
How to do Kotak Credit card activation in step-by-step methods
there are three steps to be completed to activate Kotak credit card fully.
STEP 1 – Generate card PIN.
The first step is to generate your credit card PIN. Without a PIN, you cannot do any transaction on your card. There are 3 methods to generate a PIN for your card. Here, we will see the Internet Banking Method for your reference.
- Open the Kotak Bank website on your computer/smartphone – https://www.kotak.com/en/home.html
- Enter your CRN or Username and the Password. If you are new to internet banking, then register using your card details, date of birth, and OTP received on your registered mobile number)
- Once you log in, you can now click on the Cards option from the left side menu.
- Click on the Credit card option from the sub-menu.
- You can now click on the Credit card service request option from the adjacent menu.
- Then click on the Instant PIN generation option.
- Select your card number from the drop-down list and then enter the CVV and expiry date.
- You can now enter the New six-digit pin of your choice.
- Enter the same PIN twice for verification.
- You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the screen to complete the Kotak credit card PIN generation process.
Your PIN is now set. You can also generate Kotak credit card PIN without login. Read this guide to know all the methods of Kotak credit card PIN generation.
STEP 2 – Enable Online Transactions, POS transactions, and contactless transactions.
As per RBI’s new regulations, your new card comes with Online/ATM/contactless transactions disabled. You need to manually turn on each transaction from the app or internet banking as per your need.
- Open the Kotak Bank website on your computer/smartphone browser – https://www.kotak.com/en/home.html
- Log in using your CRN/Card number and Password.
- From the dashboard, click on the Cards option, and from the sub-menu, click on the Credit cards option.
- On the new page, click on the Service request option, and from the sub-menu, select the Credit card control option.
- You can now turn on Online, POS, ATM, or contactless transactions one by one as per your need.
- Finally, click on Confirm button to save the changes.
Online transactions and other transactions are now enabled on your card. You can read the full process of enabling transactions on Kotak credit card by different methods mentioned in this article.
You can do a small transaction to confirm the full activation of your Kotak credit card.
In this guide, we have seen the steps for Kotak credit card activation in easy instructions. Let us know if you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in the article.
- What is my Kotak credit card statement date and due Date?
- How to activate Kotak credit card for online transaction? : 2 Easy methods
- How to check Kotak credit card application status? : track in 1 minute
- Kotak bank credit card PIN generation: 4 Easy Methods
- How to do Kotak debit card PIN generation online? [in 5 minutes]
- How to know my kotak 811 account number?