Kotak bank provides facility to update KYC details online via Internet banking. If you have Kotak Bank account and want to update the KYC, then you can do this process online by sitting at home. In this guide, we will see how to do online KYC in Kotak Mahindra bank.
Table of Contents
Things required for Kotak Bank KYC update online
- Aadhar card number and mobile number linked with Aadhar card
- Mobile number registered with the bank.
- PAN card number.
- Address proof to change the address (if you don’t have an Aadhar card or you want to change the address that is different than Aadhar Address)
What details can you change online in Kotak Bank KYC
- PAN card number
- Aadhar Number
- Email ID
to change Mobile number or Date of birth you still need to go the bank.
How to do online KYC in Kotak Mahindra bank
- Open the Internet banking website on your computer – https://www.kotak.com/.
- Enter your user ID and password, and then verify with OTP received on your mobile number.
- From the main screen, click on the Update Personal Details option.
- You can now see your KYC details which you can update –
A. Update PAN in Kotak Bank –
- Click on the Edit option beside the PAN option.
- From the new screen, enter the PAN number, Re-enter PAN and click on the UPDATE PAN button.
- You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and click on Verify button.
- Your request will be submitted, and your PAN will be verified with NSDL and updated within 7 working days.
- Note that you can update the PAN only once via the Online channel. If you want to change the PAN again, then you have to go to the bank.
B. Update Aadhar Number in Kotak Bank –
- Click on the Edit option beside the Aadhar card.
- On the new page, enter your Aadhar number and select if you want to link your account for Gas Subsidy.
- Agree with the terms and conditions and then click on the Submit button.
- You will receive OTP from NCPI to verify your aadhar number.
- Enter this OTP on the screen and click on Submit button.
- Your Aadhar number will be updated in Kotak bank after verification.
- Note that you can update the Aadhar number only once via Online channel.
C. Update Email ID in Kotak Bank –
- Click on Edit option besides Email ID.
- On the new screen, enter your email ID, Re-enter your new email ID.
- Click on Submit button to change email id in Kotak bank.
Must Read – How to block Kotak Debit card instantly
D. How to change Address in Kotak Bank?
- Click on Edit option beside Address.
- Select the option update via Aadhar OR Update using Address Proof.
- If you selected the Aadhar option, verify the aadhar number by entering OTP received on your phone. Then Enter the address and submit.
- If you selected Address Proof option, select the document type and then upload the address document in PDF/JPEG format.
- Read our detailed guide about Kotak Bank address change online – How to change Address in Kotak Bank online.
How to Full KYC for Kotak 811 Account
Kotak 811 is the zero balance account that you can open without going to the bank. The account opening process is completely online. For complete KYC of Kotak 811 account, you need to provide a PAN and Aadhar card number.
Now you can do the Video KYC for your Kotak 811 account.
- In the Kotak 811 app, you will get the option to do Video KYC.
- Before starting the process, make use to have an original PAN card, blank paper, and a pen with you.
- Also, make sure you have a camera phone and a good internet connection.
- Once the video call gets connected, the bank executive will verify your details.
- Then the executive will ask you to show your original PAN, sign on the blank paper.
- After successful verification, our Kotak 811 KYC will be done within 1 working day.
You can update KYC in Kotak Bank online by sitting at home. You can complete this process via Kotak internet banking. In this guide, we have seen How to do online KYC in Kotak Mahindra bank. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, write to us in the comment section below.
- I forgot mpin kotak 811: How to reset kotak 811 MPIN
- [Solved] How to get Kotak CRN number? [In just 3 minutes]
- Kotak credit card payment through debit card? [3 easy methods]
- Kotak Net banking registration online [within 5 minutes]
- How to get Kotak Mahindra bank mini statement online?
- How to do Kotak debit card PIN generation online? [in 5 minutes]