Kotak bank provides online services to its customers. You can do almost everything online by sitting at home. One such service is to change the communication address registered into the bank. In this guide, we will see Kotak Bank Address change online procedure in step by step manner.
Table of Contents
Things required for Kotak Address change online
- Registered Mobile number – You must have a mobile number with you that is registered with the bank. Also, the mobile should be active to receive OTP.
- Kotak CRN – To login to the Internet banking
- Internet banking access – You must have internet banking access with CRN and Password. Know how to register for net banking in Kotak.
- Aadhar Number – To update the address online, Kotak bank will verify your Aadhar card and fetch the Aadhar address. You must know the Aadhar card number.
- Mobile number registered with Aadhar – To complete Aadhar card verification, you must have the mobile number which is linked with the Aadhar card.
- If you don’t have an Aadhar card, then you need to have proof of address.
Kotak Bank address change online step by step process
- Open the Kotak bank net banking website on your computer/smartphone – https://netbanking.kotak.com/knb2/
- Log in with the CRN and password. Also, enter the OTP received on your phone to authenticate the login.
- On the main page, click on the Update Contact Details option.
- From the new page, click on the Edit button beside the Correspondance Address.
- Select option – Update address using Aadhar number & OTP (If you have Aadhar card) and click on the NEXT button.
- The bank will fetch the Aadhar number which you have already provided while opening the form or during the KYC update.
- Click on Send OTP after you read and tick mark on “agree with terms and conditions“.
- Now, you will receive the OTP on your aadhar linked mobile. Enter this OTP on the new page and click on Submit button.
- The bank will automatically fetch the address registered with Aadhar. If you want to make changes to the address, you can type your new address here.
- Click on the Update Address button after you correctly enter your new address.
- On the new screen, you can now see the Success Message with the Request ID mentioned.
Your address is now changed in the bank. You can now receive a chequebook/bank statement ordered by you at the new address.
How to change address in Kotak bank without Aadhar card
Even if you don’t have an Aadhar card, you can still change the address in Kotak using the Address Proof document.
- Once you log into your account in net banking, click on Update personal details.
- From the next page, click on the Edit option beside the Correspondance address.
- Select – Update Address by uploading Address Proof and click on the Next button.
- Now, select the type of address proof from the list and then upload the PDF, Image file of the address proof.
- Click on Submit button to upload the document and submit the request.
- After a successful upload, you will receive a service request number.
- In 7 working days, your address will be updated in the system, and you will receive an SMS/Email after it is updated.
Kotak bank allows users to change their communication address online. You can do this process by sitting at your home with a mobile number and Aadhar card. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the Kotak bank address change online, write to us in the comment section below.
- Kotak bank passbook request online. Kotak 811 passbook apply online in 5 minutes
- How to download Interest Certificate from Kotak bank?
- What is my Kotak bank statement pdf password?
- How to activate Kotak Debit card for Online transaction?
- How to do Kotak debit card PIN generation online? [in 5 minutes]
- How to Enable international transaction on Kotak debit card in 1 minute
- How to activate Kotak credit card for online transactions? : 2 Easy methods