There are still some transactions needed to be done via cheques only. Every Bank Account holder should have at least one cheque book to fulfill some of the transactions. Bank of India gives the facility to order a cheque book online sitting at home. In this guide, we will see how to do Bank of India cheque book request online. This post encourages readers to stay at home and do things online.
Things required to request BOI cheque book online
- The bank registered mobile number should be with you.
- The mobile number should have an active plan to send/receive SMS.
- Internet banking login details (If you want to request cheque book online).
- ATM card and PIN (If you want to request cheque book via ATM)
Methods for Bank of India cheque book request online
- Bank of India cheque book request through SMS.
- By calling Customer Care.
- Trough Internet Banking.
- Through ATM.
- By visiting Branch (offline method).
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – Bank of India cheque book request through SMS
- Get your bank registered mobile number and type CHBS <space> 15-digit Account number <space> ADR and send this SMS to 09212304242. This message will deliver cheque book to your Address.
- If you want to get the chequebook from the branch itself, then you have to type CHBS <space> 15-digit Account number <space> BR and send this SMS to 09212304242.
- Within seven working days, you will get your cheque book
Method 2 – get BOI cheque book by calling customer care.
- Get your bank registered mobile number and dial the BOI customer care toll-free number – 1800220229.
- Follow the IVRS menu and select Bank of India cheque book request option from the menu.
- If you cannot find the option, then speak to the customer care executive and request the cheque book.
Method 3 – Bank of India cheque book request through Internet Banking
- Open the BOI website on your phone/computer – https://bankofindia.com/.
- Now, click on the Internet Banking option and select Personal option.
- On the new page, enter your BOI user id and password to login to your bank account.
- Now, click on the Requests option from the menu and then select the Cheque Book Request option.
- Now, select the linked account from the drop-down list and click on the Submit button.
- Verify the Address, and then enter the BOI User ID and transaction password.
- Within seven working days, you will receive a cheque book on your registered Address.
Method 4 – Order BOI cheque book via ATM
- Visit the nearest Bank of India ATM and insert your ATM card into the machine.
- Now enter your card PIN to verify the transaction.
- Select the Requests option from the menu, and then select the Cheque book request.
- Confirm your selection on the ATM monitor.
- You will receive your cheque booklet to your registered mobile number via post.
Method 5 – Bank of India Cheque book request through Branch (OFFLINE)
This is an offline method and requires you to visit the branch physically to get the cheque book. We recommend you to use the above method to get your cheque book. If none of the methods is feasible to you, then only use this method.
- Visit the BOI branch and go to the Helpdesk.
- Ask them for a cheque book request form.
- Fill up the form with your account details and Address.
- Also, select the number of leaflets you want in cheque book (i.e., 25 or 50 leaves)
- Don’t forget to sign the form.
- Submit the form to the help desk.
- After successful verification, you will receive a cheque book via post.
How to track Bank of India Cheque book status
- Once the chequebook is dispatched, you will get SMS with a tracking code.
- Open the India Post tracking website – https://www.indiapost.gov.in/
- enter the tracking number you received on your phone, enter the CAPTCHA and click on Track Now button.
- You can now check the cheque book status of BOI.
You can easily order BOI cheque book sitting at home. In this guide, we have seen different methods of Bank of India cheque book request online and offline. If you have any doubts regarding this information, you can write your questions, queries in the comment section below.