How to check bank account balance on phone within 5 minutes
Banking in India has now become very easy. Digital India campaign emerging technology has made banks smart. You can now do almost everything related to your bank account from your phone or computer. In this post, we will see how to check bank account balance on Phone. You can check any bank account balance on your phone using a bank Mobile App, UPI, missed call banking, or SMS banking.
Table of Contents
Things required to check Bank account balance on Phone –
- Mobile Number – Your mobile number should be registered with the Bank.
- The Bank registered mobile number should be inserted on the smartphone to register on UPI App/Missed call/SMS banking.
- The mobile number must be active to send and receive SMS and call. Please recharge the SIM with a suitable plan with free SMS and calling.
- Your smartphone must have an active internet connection for using UPI apps, accessing bank App, or accessing internet banking websites.
- Debit Card /ATM number – for registering on UPI App.
- Internet Banking user ID and Password if you are using Bank App or Bank website for checking balance.
How to check bank account balance on Phone?
There are several ways to check the account balance of any bank account.
For all the methods, you need to have your mobile number registered with the Bank.
Method 1 – How to check bank account balance on Phone using UPI App
This is a straightforward and effective method to check bank balance on Phone. You have to register on the app for first-time use. If you have already registered, you can log in to the app and check the account balance quickly.
- Download any UPI app from the play store/App store. For this post, we will see the Phonepe UPI app.
- After you download the app, open it, and start the registration process.
- Enter your Bank registered mobile number and click on Generate OTP.
- Now, enter the OTP received on your phone and log into the App.
- Click on Add bank and select the Bank from the list.
- UP app automatically detects the account associated with your mobile number and shows you the last four digits of your account number.
- Confirm the account details and tap next to create a UPI ID.
- Enter your Debit card last six digits, Expiry date to verify your account.
- Once verified, enter the six-digit UPI Passcode of your choice.
- You can now check the account balance by tapping on the Check account balance option.
Similarly, you can use any UPI App like PhonePe, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, BHIM, Paytm, Free Charge, Mobikwik, Samsung Pay, etc., to check bank account balance on Phone send/receive money without sharing account details.
Also Read – PF Balance check without UAN number
Method 2 – How to check bank account balance on Phone by a missed call
If you don’t have the internet on your phone, you can check account balance by just giving a missed call from your registered mobile number.
We will see how to check bank account balance on Phone for some popular banks in India. Just tap on the phone numbers mentioned in front of the bank name to give a missed call.
|Bank Name||Missed Call Number|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||18002740110|
|Bank of Baroda||09223011311|
|Bank of India||09015135135|
You Can check all bank balance missed call numbers in our separate article – All bank balance enquiry number list. Check balance by missed call in just 1 minute
Method 3 – Check Bank account balance on Phone using Mobile Banking App
The mobile bank app is also the best way to check bank account balance on Phone.
All you need is to download the app and log in with your account details to check the balance.
Here is a list of some popular banks in India and their Mobile apps. Just click on the App name to download it.
Mobile Bank app for Android
Mobile Bank app for iOS
|SBI||SBI Yono Lite for Android||SBI Yono Lite for iOS|
|ICICI||iMobile for Android||iMobile for iOS|
|Axis Bank||Axis Mobile for Android||Axis Mobile for iOS|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||Kotak Mobile Banking for Android||Kotak Mobile Banking for iOS|
|PNB||PNB One for Android||PNB One for iOS|
|HDFC||HDFC Bank Mobile App for Android||HDFC Bank Mobile App for iOS|
|Bank of Baroda||Baroda M connect for Android||Baroda M connect for iOS|
|IDBI Bank||IDBI Bank GO Mobile+ for Android||IDBI Bank GO Mobile+ for iOS|
|Bank of India||BOI Mobile for Android||BOI Mobile for iOS|
|Canara Bank||Canara Bank Mobile Banking for Android||Canara Bank Mobile Banking for iOS|
|CBI bank||Cent Mobile for Android||Cent Mobile for iOS|
|Union Bank||U-Mobile for Android||U-Mobile for iOS|
|Yes Bank||YES BANK for Android||YES BANK for iOS|
You can also get a mini statement, account overview, funds transfer, cheque book request, atm card block, and many more features on the mobile banking App.
Method 4 – Check account balance with *99# NUUP – without internet banking on Phone
NUUP ( national Unified USSD Platform) is also known as *99# service to Bank on mobile. This method is not well known, but it is best to check account balance and transfer money.
The best part of the NUUP method is you don’t require an internet connection on your Phone. All you need is to dial a USSD code and add your account number to check the balance.
Note – SMS charges apply for every transaction.
- Step1: Dial *99# from your Phone’s dial pad
- Step2: The popup menu with the text “Welcome to NUUP, Please wait” will appear on the screen. Click OK to continue.
- Step3: Select the language you want to use on the next screen. (just type the number corresponding to language)
- Step4: NUUP welcome screen will appear asking you to enter your 3 letters of the Bank’s short name (like SBI/PNB/IOB etc.) or the First 4 letters of the Bank’s IFS code (like SBIN). If the entered response is correct, the NUUP menu will appear.
- Step5: Now, select the account number of your Bank. The last 4 digits will be shown, verify it and tap on Send.
- Step6: Enter the 6 digits of the debit card, then space, and then enter the expiry date in MMYY format. Tap send to proceed.
- Step7: Set your 6 digit UPI PIN.
- Step8: Re-enter the 6 digit UPI PIN to verify.
- Step9: Next screen shows the successful message about UPI PIN. Here, enter your UPI PIN to check the balance.
- Step10: Next time you dial *99#, just select the check balance option and enter UPI PIN to get your account balance on the screen.
That’s it, with these simple 5 steps, you can check your bank account balance on Phone without internet banking.
Also Read – *99# NUUP Service: How to check bank account balance without internet on mobile
This guide tells you how to check bank account balance on Phone anywhere, anytime. We have seen all the methods available to check account balance on the go. If you have any queries, questions, suggestions, please feel free to write them down in the comment section below.
Bank statement my 3months
Please how can i get my Zenith Bank details through phone number
PDF Union bank statement 3 months
In JIO number *99# is not working what should I do to get my UPI number without using *99#
Please leave a comment in my mail ID.
I want to check my bank balance.
I need to update my account. pls e.mail me