Every employee in India is eligible for the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF). These funds are collected by EPFO managed by the central government and deposits into the employee’s account. Every Employee has assigned a Unique Account Number (UAN) to manage account PF accounts and check PF balance. But in case if you forget your UAN number, you may think that you cannot check your PF balance again, but actually, you can check PF balance without UAN number also. In this guide, we have explained two easy methods for PF balance check without UAN number in a step by step manner.
Things required for PF balance check without UAN number
- Your UAN must be activated – Unique Account Number should be active to check pf balance without UAN. You can activate UAN by Aadhar card verification, and OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- The mobile number registered in the UAN account should be with you.
- The registered mobile number should be active to be able to receive and send SMS.
How to do PF balance check without UAN number
There are currently two methods available to check PF balance without knowing UAN number or log in to any app/website.
- Via SMS
- By Missed Call
We will see both the methods in detail –
Method 1 – PF balance check without UAN number by sending SMS
- Get your registered mobile number and open messaging app(SMS) from the app drawer.
- Now type EPFOHO <space> UANENG
- Now send this SMS on 7738299899
- You may be/may not be charged for sending SMS based on your recharge plan.
- Once the SMS is sent successfully, you will receive a reply sms from the EPFO office.
- The sms contains your UAN number, Name, DOB, and the total balance available in your PF account.
- You can also check the last contribution date and amount. In this way, you can also confirm that if your employer is depositing your share and employer share regularly.
- From the message, the total amount shown is an Employee+Employer share from which you can withdraw 100% if you left the job 60 days ago. Also, you can withdraw up to 90% amount based on the situation and need.
Method 2 -How to check PF balance without UAN number by missed call
- Get your registered mobile number and open a dial-pad.
- Dial the following number and make a call.
PF balance check number – 01122901406
- Wait till the call disconnect automatically.
- Within few minutes, you will receive an SMS on your mobile.
- The SMS contains your UAN number, name, and available balance in your PF account.
Method 3 – PF balance check without UAN by checking SMS received by EPFO
EPFO sends monthly SMS to your registered mobile number about the last month’s amount deposit. You can check the PF balance by opening the SMS received by EPFO.
Must Read – All bank balance enquiry number list
You can check your pf balance without having to know the UAN number. In this guide, we have seen 2 easy methods to do PF Balance check without UAN number. In case you have any doubts/queries, feel free to write to us in the comment section below.