In this post, we are going to know how to update EPFO KYC online using your phone or computer. There is no need to go to the EPF office or the Internet Cafe and request them to update your KYC and pay the charges. In this guide, we will see step-by-step instructions on how to update EPFO KYC online sitting at home.
Things required to update EPFO KYC online –
- UAN Number.
- UAN Password.
- Aadhar Card number.
- Aadhar registered mobile number.
- PAN Card Number.
- Bank Account Number, IFSC Code.
Things you should know before doing EPFO KYC update –
- Your Name should be the same in PAN, Aadhar, and EPFO Account. If your Name is a mismatched or spelling mistake, you should correct your Name in PAN or Aadhar and then complete the UAN KYC process.
- The bank account number should be complete (like 16 digits or 14 digits varies as per bank); make sure the IFSC number is correct.
- For Aadhar KYC, OTP is sent to aadhar registered mobile number. Make sure the mobile number should be with you.
- For Bank KYC, OTP is sent to aadhar registered mobile number. Make sure the mobile number should be with you.
- PAN Card Name and date of birth should be the same as per EPFO records.
How to update EPFO KYC Online? Step-by-step procedure in 5 Minutes.
Please follow these simple steps to complete your EPFO KYC Process –
- Step1: Open EPFO website on your computer or smartphone browser – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Step2: Login with UAN and password.
- Step3: Once you log in to your account, from the main menu, click on the Manage option.
- Step4: Then under the sub-menu, click on the KYC option.
- Step5: Now, on the new page, under Add KYC section, you can add Bank, PAN, Aadhar, Passport as a KYC document.
- For Bank – Click on the ‘Bank’ option, then on the same page, Enter a bank account number, confirm bank account number, and enter bank IFSC. Also, tick the mark in front of the consent statement and click on the Save button. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter this OTP and then click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- For PAN – Click on PAN and enter PAN number.
- For Aadhar – Click on the ‘Aadhar’ button and enter your Aadhar number. Then tick mark in front of consent statement. Then you can click on the Save button. Now, you will receive an OTP on aadhar registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen and click on verify button.
- Passport – Click on the ‘Passport’ button and enter your Name as per Passport record, Passport number, and Valid Till in DD/MM/YYYY. Then click on the Save button to submit EFPO KYC.
- Step6: Once you complete all required KYC details, you can track the KYC document’s approval status. On the KYC page, under the ‘KYC pending for Approval‘ option, you can see the KYC details you have submitted and their status as pending or under review.
- Step7: Approved KYC details will be shown under the ‘Currently Active KYC‘ section.
Once you submit the KYC update request, wait for some days to get it approved.
ALSO READ – PF Balance check without UAN number
Minimum KYC Update Required to Withdraw EPF Amount –
You should at least complete the following KYC details so that you will be able to withdraw PF online. Read Here how to withdraw PF online using a Phone.
- Aadhar Card – Aadhar number should be seeded with OTP verification. Aadhar Name and EPF Account name must be similar.
- PAN – PAN number must be added, and the Name mentioned on the PAN and EPF should be the same.
- Bank Account Details – Bank Account Number, IFSC Number, and OTP verification on aadhar registered mobile number must be added to withdraw PF online.
In this guide, we have seen the easy process on How to update EPFO KYC online. If you have doubts/queries regarding the EPF UAN update process, please write to us in the comment section below.