Universal Account Number (UAN) has made a Provident Fund (PF) account management even simpler. With a single UAN number, you can check your pf balance, withdraw PF money, do KYC, and many other things. If you have lost your registered mobile number, you must change mobile number in PF account immediately. You can also update your mobile number if you have changed your primary mobile number. This guide explains how to change mobile number in PF account online without going to the PF office.
Table of Contents
Why is updated mobile number necessary in UAN?
You should always keep your mobile number updated in UAN and PF account. Here are some reasons that will show you importance of update mobile number –
- In case you forget the UAN password, the OTP is sent to mobile number only. If you don’t have a updated mobile number in your account, you cannot change password.
- To withdraw PF amount, you must enter the OTP received on mobile number.
- To complete the KYC, you must enter the OTP, which will be sent to mobile number.
- E-Nomination also requires OTP authentication.
- PF advance, Full PF withdraw also requires you to enter OTP sent on mobile number.
- To check PF balance without UAN, you must have a registered mobile number with you.
Requirments to change mobile number in PF account –
- You must know the UAN number for your PF account.
- UAN must be activated. Know how to do UAN activation online.
- UAN Password. Forgot password? Read how to reset UAN password online.
- Your new mobile number must be able to receive OTP via SMS.
Must Read – All bank balance enquiry number list
How to change mobile number in PF account online?
- Open UAN portal website on your computer – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- From right side of the page, enter your UAN number and Password. Also, enter the captcha correctly and click on “Sign In” button.
- Once you log in to your account, click on the “Manage” option from the main menu.
- Then click on “Contact Details” option from the sub-menu.
- Now, on the new page, tick the checkbox in front of the “Change mobile Number” option.
- Then enter your new mobile number. Re-enter the same number and then click on the “Get Authorization PIN” button.
- Then you can enter the OTP received on the new mobile number.
- Press the “Save Changes” button to change mobile number in PF Account immediately.
In this way, by following these simple eight steps, you can easily change mobile number in UAN.
Also Read – What is UPI transaction limit per day?
In this guide, we have seen how to change mobile number in PF account within 5 minutes. If you have any doubts queries regarding the information provided in this article, let us know in the comment section below.