Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) manages all your EPF accounts and UAN’s for each working individual in India. As per EPFO, you must have a UAN under which you can manage all your EPF accounts, check EPF balance, online EPF withdrawal, online KYC, etc. Also, as per EPFO, you must only have one UAN number, more than one UAN number is not allowed for individuals. If you have more than one UAN account then you must transfer the old UAN account to the new one and close the old UAN. In this guide, we will see how to transfer PF online.
Table of Contents
Why do you need to transfer PF account to new UAN account?
You might have multiple UAN accounts because you may have forgotten to mention your old UAN number while switching job or the new employer might assign you a new UAN.
If you have more than one UAN account, then you cannot request an online claim as per new guidelines by EPFO. In this case, you must close your old UAN account to transfer the account EPF account to the new UAN account.
Things required to transfer PF online
- Old UAN number
- New UAN number and password
- A new UAN account must be activated and you must know the password to login to your UAN account.
- The mobile number linked with the new UAN account must be with you and should be active to receive SMS.
How to transfer PF online?
- First of all, open the UAN login website on your computer/smartphone – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- Now, enter your UAN and password. Also, enter correct captcha and click on LOGIN button.
- You are now logged in to your UAN account. From the main menu, click on the “ONLINE SERVICES” option. You might face an issue selecting this option on your smartphone, in this case, go to the browser’s menu and select the “Desktop site” option.
- Now, click on “One Member One EPF Account” option from the sub-menu.
- Now, on the new page, you can view your personal details and your present UAN account details. Verify these details are correct and then scroll a little below.
- Under “Select details of previous employer” section, click on “Present Employer” and enter the OLD UAN.
- Once you click on “Get details” button, the old PF account number, employer name, etc will be shown on the screen.
- If you don’t know the old UAN and just know the EPF number, then click on Get MID and enter the EPF number.
- On the section, you can view the previous EPF account details such as MID, employer name, joining date, date of Exit, etc. Select the EPF Account that you want to transfer to the new UAN account.
- In the next step, click on GET OTP button. You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP in the given place and click on SUBMIT button.
Your PF transfer request is now submitted to your present employer and they will approve your request digitally.
Must Read – PF Balance check without UAN number
How to track PF transfer request online?
- From the main menu, click on “Online Services“.
- Now from the sub-menu, click on the “Track Claim Status” option.
- On the new page, under the “Transfer Claim Status” section you can view the status of your PF transfer request.
In this guide, we have seen how to transfer PF account online using mobile or computer. If you have any doubts/queries regarding this guide, please write to us in the comment section below.