Central Bank of India is a nationalized bank in India and provides online services to its customers. Every customer of Central Bank of India is assigned a unique number called a CIF number. This number is used to identify the customer and his/her accounts under the central bank branches if they own multiple accounts like saving account, deposits, loan account, dmat account, etc.
For some services, you will need a CIF number, and if you don’t know the number, then you cannot avail of some of the services online/offline. In this guide, we will see how to find central Bank of India CIF number by different methods.
What is Central Bank of India CIF number?
- CIF stands for Customer Information File.
- This number is assigned to every customer.
- The CBI CIF number is an 11 digits unique number.
- Bank employees can see all your account data by entering this CIF number.
When is the CIF number required?
Although CIF is used for Bank’s internal use, some services require a CIF number.
- During Central Bank of India Internet Banking registration.
- Transfer of Bank accounts from one branch to another.
How to find Central Bank of India CIF number online and offline
Offline methods –
- Account statement
- Call customer care
- Cheque Booklet front page
Online Methods –
- Internet Banking
- Mobile App – Cent-mPassbook
We will see each method in detail.
Method 1 – Find CIF number in Central Bank of India using your Passbook.
Your Passbook has a CIF number printed on the first page.
Method 2 – Find the CIF number in the Account statement.
If you have ordered an account statement for your CBI account, you can get the CIF number printed on the first page of the statement.
Method 3 – Chequebook
Your account chequebook has a CIF number printed on the first page.
Method 4 – Get the central Bank of India CIF number by calling Customer Care
You can call the customer care of Central Bank of India to know your CIF number.
Central Bank of India Customer care number – 1800221911
Once you call the customer care, tell them your account number and ask them the reason for the CIF number. The executive will tell you the CID number associated with your account.
Method 5 – Use Internet Banking to know your CIF number
Log in with your user id and password in CBI internet banking.
Once you log in, on the homepage, you can see the CIF number beside your name.
Method 6 – Use Cent mPassbook Mobile App to know CIF number of CBI
- Download the Cent-mPassbook app on your mobile.
- Once downloaded, open the app and login with your login id and password. (or register on the app if you are first time user)
- Now, from the menu, click on the User Profile option.
- You can now see the CIF number.
You can get the CIF number of your Central Bank of India account by various methods. In this guide, we have seen how to find Central Bank of India CIF number offline and online. If you have any doubts/queries regarding this post, you can comment in the comment section below.