Axis bank provides an online service to generate PIN online. This process is completely online, and you can generate a password by sitting at home. This guide will see the Axis bank debit card PIN generation online within just 2 minutes. The guide explains different methods to complete this process in a step-by-step manner.
Table of Contents
Things required for Axis bank debit card PIN generation process
- Debit card number, expiry date.
- Registered mobile number with the bank.
- Internet banking access (If you want to generate a password using internet banking).
- Mobile App should be activated with MPIN (If you want to generate a password using the mobile app)
- Your mobile number should be active to receive OTP SMS.
- Date of Birth of Account Holder.
Methods for Axis bank debit card PIN generation online –
There are four easy methods.
- Through Internet Banking
- Through ATM
- Through Mobile Banking App
- Through Phone Banking
You can follow any of these methods to generate your Axis PIN. We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to generate Axis Bank debit card PIN online via Internet Banking
- Open the axis bank internet banking website on your smartphone/computer – https://www.axisbank.com/.
- Click on the Login button from the homepage and login to your account with your username and password.
- Now, from the dashboard, click on Account option and from sub-menu click on the Debit card option.
- From the new page, enter your choice of PIN, Re-enter the new PIN and card Expiry date in YYMM. Click on Submit after once you enter the details correctly.
- Now, you will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this mobile number in the given field and click on the Confirm button.
Your card pin is now set.
Method 2 – Axis bank debit card PIN generation online via Phone Call
- Get your registered mobile number and dial the Axis Bank phone banking number –
Axis Bank debit card activation phone number – 18604195555 OR 18605005555.
- Once the call is connected, select the option “Information of your bank account“.
- Then select the Debit card services option from the IVRS menu.
- Now select Generate Passcode option from the menu.
- Press 1 to confirm the Generate passcode for debit card.
- Now, enter your Card Number, Expiry date, and Date of Birth as asked by IVRS with a particular format.
- Once the card details and DOB entered successfully, you will get an Activation passcode on your mobile via SMS. Note that this passcode is not your card PIN. You will need to use this passcode to generate PIN which is explained in the following steps.
- again dial phone banking number on your phone and select 1 for account services and then 4 for debit card services.
- Now, press 2 for PIN generation.
- Enter the debit card number, expiry date, and Date of Birth correctly.
- Your Debit card PIN is now generated, you will get this PIN via SMS and phone call.
Method 3 – Generate Axis Bank debit card pin online via Mobile App
- Download Axis Bank mobile app on your smartphone –
- Log in to the app using your internet banking user id and password. or your MPIN.
- Now, from the main dashboard, click on the Home button from the top left corner.
- now tap on the Banking option and then from the sub-menu select Services option.
- Select the Debit cards option from the new menu.
- Then, from the next screen select the Set/Reset PIN option.
- You can enter the debit card PIN of your choice, Re-enter the PIN and enter MPIN.
- Your PIN is now set of your choice.
Method 4 – Axis bank debit card PIN generation online via ATM
In this process, you will need to go outside the home and visit the nearest Axis Bank ATM. If you are not comfortable going outside due to COVID-19 or any other reason, we advise you to generate your card PIN by the above three methods.
- Go to the nearest Axis Bank ATM of your area.
- Make sure you bring a registered mobile number with you.
- Insert the card into the ATM and select the preferred language.
- Now, select the Set PIN option.
- The Activation Passcode will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- On the next screen, enter your registered mobile number, date of birth, and passcode received on your mobile.
- Once the details are verified, you will be prompted to enter the debit card PIN of your choice.
The PIN for your Debit Card will be immediately changed to the new PIN set by you.
- How to block axis bank debit card quickly? [ 3 easy methods]
- How to apply for Flipkart axis bank credit card online?
- How to change mobile number in axis bank? [Easy 3 minutes process]
- How to check axis bank credit card application status? [In 3 minutes]
- How to know your Axis bank customer ID without Internet/offline