Axis Bank is one of the most trusted banks in India. With increasing customers and the Digital India campaign, Axis Bank has rolled out a new feature to change mobile number online. Using Online Services, you can change/update your mobile number easily. In this guide, we have explained how to change mobile number in Axis Bank online using Internet banking and ATMs. Also, the offline method is included, just in case.
Table of Contents
The need for Mobile number Update in the Bank
One main reason for changing the mobile number in Axis Bank is that your old mobile number is closed. Sometimes, your linked mobile number is stolen, and you decide to take a new SIM card, then you can update mobile number in Axis Bank.
Advantages of Mobile Number Update in Axis Bank
Once you change/update your mobile number, you can receive SMS alerts, check your account balance, register for Axis Bank Internet banking, Axis Bank mobile banking, etc.
How to change Mobile Number in Axis Bank?
Please follow these easy steps to change your mobile number in Axis Bank –
- Go to the Axis Bank Internet Banking login portal – https://retail.axisbank.co.in
- Enter your login details and log in to your Internet banking dashboard.
- Now click on ‘Update personal details‘.
- Now, click on the ‘Contact Number‘ Option.
- Enter your new mobile number and click on the ‘Update’ button.
- Now, the OTP will be sent to your new mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP into the provided box.
Once you click on Update Mobile Number Button, you can change your mobile number in Axis Bank.
How to change Mobile Number in Axis Bank using ATM?
Now, you can update your Axis Bank registered mobile number using any Axis ATM.
- Go to any Axis ATM near you.
- Insert your card and enter your ATM PIN.
- Now, from the list of menu options, press the button corresponding to the ‘Registration’ Option.
- Select the ‘Change Mobile Number’ option.
- The message will show which contains question – A/C no. XXXXXXXX is registered with mobile 9812345678 do you want to update?.
- Select the ‘Update’ option from the screen.
- Now, enter your new Mobile Number by using the ATM number keypad and pressing the ‘Confirm‘ button.
- On the next screen, once again, enter your new mobile number to confirm and select on Update option.
Your mobile number is now changed, and the bank will update new mobile number within one working day.
How to change mobile number in Axis Bank through Branch?
This is the oldest method to update mobile number in Axis Bank, but it is proven to be the most used method by rural/semi-rural area customers. However, the bank is encouraging its customers to use online services.
- Go to your Axis Bank branch and visit the Helpdesk
- Ask them for the KYC update form.
- Fill out the form and enter which details you want to update. Don’t forget to enter your new mobile here.
- Also, enter your details, like your account number, and sign the document for verification.
- Submit the form to the corresponding desk.
Done. You have successfully updated your mobile number. It will take up to 3 working days to update your new mobile number in the system.
In this guide, we have seen three easy methods of how to Change Mobile number in Axis Bank. Using Internet banking, using ATM and through Bank Branch, you can update mobile number in Axis Bank.
If you have any doubt questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below.
- How to check axis bank credit card application status? [In 3 minutes]
- How to know your Axis bank customer ID without Internet/offline
- How to block axis bank debit card quickly? [ 3 easy methods]
- How to apply for Flipkart axis bank credit card online?
- Axis bank debit card PIN generation online process in just 2 minutes
- Axis Bank forgot password recovery procedure step by step