CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited) is a credit Bureau company which keeps records of your credit/debit related activities. CIBIL company uses your PAN card to track your credit cards and loan accounts. The company gives a CIBIL score based on your timely payments, the pattern of credit usage. This CIBIL score is out of 900 and indicates how good/bad is your credit health. The more credit score, the more the chances of getting a loan or credit card.
SO if you are in a search of a loan or thinking to get a new Credit card it is must to know a CIBIL score first. Earlier there was no way free way to check CIBIL score but now there are many methods available to check CIBIL for free. In this guide, we will see how to check CIBIL score for free from your smartphone or computer.
Things required to check CIBIL score for free
- You will need a PAN card for checking your CIBIL on any of the methods mentioned below.
- The mobile number for receiving OTP
With just these two things you can check your CIBIL score and download/view credit report for free.
How to check CIBIL score for free
Following are some free methods available which are easy and you can get the score within a few minutes.
- Paisabazzar App/website
- Bajaj Finserv website
- Paytm App
- SBI home loans website
- OneScore App
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to check CIBIL score for free using the Paisabazaar website/App
- Go to the Paisabazaar CIBIL score check Website – https://creditreport.paisabazaar.com/credit-report/apply
- Select Gender, Enter your full name, Date of Birth, PAN, Pin code, Mobile Number, and Email address.
- Enable Get report updates via WhatsApp, tick mark on the consent statement(read it to know more), and then click on Get your Credit Score button to continue.
- Verify the mobile number by entering OTP received via SMS.
- On the new page, you can view your CIBIL Score.
- You can download the latest report of your credit score for detailed information about your loan/credit card payments, things harming your score, etc.
- You can also view the credit report on the website by scrolling through the page.
Method 2 – How to check CIBIL score using One score App
OneScore is the latest app to check the CIBIL and Experian Credit score with Minimal and easy to use UI.
- Download OneScore App for your Android or Apple smartphone – https://onescore.app/
- Open the App and tap on the Check My Score button.
- On the next screen, enter your mobile number, agree to the T&C statement, and then tap on GET OTP button.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile number you entered, via SMS. Enter this OTP on the next page and tap on DONE button.
- Now, Enter your Email ID, First Name (same as PAN), Last Name (same as PAN), and tap on the DONE button.
- The App will now try to retch your data from PAN. If it fails to fetch the data enter the PAN card number, Date of Birth, and Gender. Swipe right and enter the Adress and PIN code.
- The app will now verify your details and then fetch the credit score from CIBIL and Experian Beaureua.
- On the main screen, you can now see the CIBIL score out of 900.
You can also see the credit report which contains Account age, active accounts, Closed accounts, missed payments, Credit card/Loan Enquiry History, etc.
Method 3 – How to check CIBIL score using Paytm App
- Login to Paytm from your smartphone or Website
- From the Home Page of the App tap on Show More option and then select the Loan and Insurance menu.
- Tap on Free Credit Score Option.
- On the next page enter your First Name, Last Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, PAN number, and Date of Birth. Then tick mark before “I authorize….” statement.
- Tap on the Submit button to continue.
- Paytm App will ask you whether your mobile number is registered in the bank credit card/loan accounts. If yes, then tap on the Yes, Proceed button. If not then tap on No, I want to change and then enter the mobile number linked with loan accounts/credit cards.
- The app now fetches your score and shows it on the screen.
- You can view the detailed report of your loan/credit card accounts.
Must Read – All bank balance enquiry number list
Method 4 – Know CIBIL Score for free using the SBI home loans website
Beware that you will get some calls regarding loans from SBI which may seem spammy for some peoples.
- Open the SBI home loans free cibil score check website on your smartphone/computer. – https://homeloans.sbi/getcibil
- On the page, a form will open in which you have to enter your details. On the first section of the form, enter Your Full name, gender, and date of Birth.
- In the second section, Enter your address with area Pincode.
- Next, enter your PAN card number.
- lastly, enter your mobile number and Email ID.
- Accept the term and conditions and then click on the SUBMIT button.
- Enter the OTP received on your email id or mobile id and click on the SUBMIT button.
- The next screen will show you the CIBIL score out of 900.
- Click on the Download button to download the CIBIL report in PDF format.
Method 5 – Check CIBIL score on Wishfin website for free
- open the Wishfin website on your smartphone/computer – https://www.wishfin.com/
- Click on the Free CIBIL score option from the main menu.
- Enter your Name, Date of birth, Gender, PAN card number, Email ID, and mobile number.
- Click on the SUBMIT button to continue.
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number and Email ID, then click on the Continue button.
- On the new page, you can now view your CIBIL score.
Frequently Asked Questions about CIBIL
1. Will my CIBIL score decrease if I check it frequently?
Answer – No, your CIBIL score will not decrease if you check it frequently. Checking a credit score is a soft enquiry and you can check your score as many times as you want.
2. Why is my credit score not showing OR CIBIL score is showing (-1)?
Answer – Your CIBIL score is not showing because it is not generated as you don’t have any credit history. This means you never took any loan or taken any credit card on your name. to generate a credit score you need to take any loan or take a credit card.
3. My all loan accounts/credit cards are not showing in the Credit report. What to do?
Answer – It requires time to replicate your accounts in credit reports. If you have taken a loan/credit card recently, please wait for 1-2 months to see the accounts in the credit report.
4. Why is my score has decreased from last month’s score?
Answer – The CIBIL score decrease if you missed an EMI payment or you have enquired for a new loan/credit card which got declined. Try to pay the credit card EMIs, credit card bills, loan EMIs on time to maintain.improve the credit score. Also, do not make unnecessary loans/credit card enquiries.
5. I got a call for a Credit card and I have given a PAN card details. Will this affect my CIBIL score?
Answer – Yes, it will affect your credit score.As these executives will do a hard enquiry on your civil account. If they reject your loan/credit card request, then your score will decrease significantly.
Must Read – How to change UPI ID within 2 minutes
In this article, we have explained different methods on how to check CIBIL score for free. If you have any doubts regarding the information provided in the article, you can write to us in the comment section below.