Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is the new payment method unveiled in India recently. Under the Digital India campaign, UPI transactions have raised tremendously in India. Under UPI, a user doesn’t need any account information to transfer funds. A unique UPI ID is issued to every UPI user through which you can transfer and receive the money. By default, most of the UPI handlers give the mobile number as UPI ID, but if you want to change your UPI id, then you can do this in a simple way. In this guide, we will see, how to change UPI ID in some of the popular UPI Apps.
Things required to change UPI ID
- Mobile number registered with the bank.
- A mobile number should be inserted into the app.
- Internet connection on your phone.
- Mobile should have an active plan to receive SMS.
How to change UPI ID
We will see how to change UPI id in some of the popular UPI Apps.
A) How to change UPI ID in BHIM App
- Open the BHIM App on your phone and enter the Passcode to enter into the app.
- Now, tap on Profile icon from the bottom menu.
- From the new page, you will see the UPI ID associated with the App. Beneath this id, tap on ADD UPI ID option.
- Enter the UPI ID of your choice and tap on Check Availability.
- If entered UPI ID is not available, you can try different id or add some number/letter in your new UPI ID.
- Tap on CONFIRM to change the UPI ID of your choice.
- After you create a new UPI id, you have to set it to default.
- Tap on Primary option on the app and then select the newly created UPI id to set it to Primary.
You can now share your favorite ID to receive the payments.
B) How to change UPI ID in Google Pay
Unfortunately, there is no option to change UPI ID in google pay. You can just change the extension after @ in your VPA.
- Open the GPay app on your phone and enter passcode/fingerprint authentication to log in to the app.
- Now, tap on your profile icon at the top right corner of the app.
- Tap on the bank name and then tap on UPI ID.
- Select the extension you want to change from the list i.e. okaxis, oksbi, okhdfc, okicici, etc.
- The app will verify and process the request by sending SMS on your phone.
C) How to change UPI ID in PhonePe.
- Open the PhonePe app and enter the passcode/fingerprint authentication to log in to the app.
- tap on your Profile icon at the top left corner of the app.
- Tap on MY BHIM UPI ID option from the list.
- You can now claim two more new UPI ids of your choice.
- Click on the ADD NEW BHIM UPI ID option at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, enter the new UPI ID of your choice. The app will automatically check if the entered id is available.
- Tap on CONTINUE to generate the new UPI ID.
- On the next screen, tap on newly created UPI ID to set it as a primary.
D) How to change UPI ID in PayTM
- Open the Paytm app and log in to the app by entering the app password.
- From the main page, swipe the menu to right until you see UPI option.
- Now, tap on the UPI icon and then tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- Then select the Edit UPI ID option.
- Enter the new ID of your choice and click on the Continue button.
Done, your UPI ID id now changed to the new ID.
Also Read – UPI transaction limit per day
In this post, we have seen how to change UPI ID in different UPI Apps. We have seen step by step method to change the UPI ID of your choice. If you run into any trouble regarding this guide, you can write your queries, questions in the comment section below.
- How to solve BHIM App "UPI registration failed" issue
- What is UPI transaction limit per day?
- What is my UPI ID? How to find UPI ID on different UPI Payments App
- How to remove bank account from UPI Apps
- *99# NUUP Service: How to check bank account balance without internet on mobile
- Forgot UPI PIN: How to change/reset UPI PIN in 2 minutes