Unified Payment Interface is the latest method of digital payments in India. Under #Digital India Campaign, UPI payments have become very popular and widely used mode of payment in India. The UPI payments are made via your smartphone, which requires a Mobile number registered in the bank and internet connection on the smartphone.
One of the best thing about UPI is that you don’t need to share your account details to receive the payment. All is done via a UPI ID; You need to share a UPI ID or a QR code to receive a payment. Different UPI Apps use different UPI ID and its Handlers which is associated with your bank account. You need to know this UPI id to receive the payment. In this guide, we will answer your question – What is my UPI ID and How to find UPI ID in different UPI Apps.
What is My UPI ID?
There are lots of UPI Apps available for smartphones. Apart from BHIM App, many banks provide their own UPI payments app. Also there at third party UPI Apps which are very popular such as PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm, Freecharge, Amazon Pay, etc.
Every App partners with some bank to handle UPI transactions and use the UPI Handle of this bank such as @okaxis, @ybl, @okhdfc, @oksbi, @kotak, @icici, @paytm, etc.
To receive the money from the UPI, you need to find the UPI ID from the specific app. We will see how to find UPI ID on some popular UPI Apps –
A. What is my UPI ID in PhonePe
- Open PhonePe app and login with your App ID or Fingerprint authentication.
- Tap on your Profile Icon at the top left corner of Screen.
- Tap on the “My BHIM UPI ID” option from the new page.
- You can view the UPI ID associated with your bank account.
- You can Add the new UPI ID of your choice. Tap on Add new BHIM UPI ID.
- Note that you can add up to 3 UPI ID and select any default UPI ID to receive the payments.
Must Read – UPI transaction limit per day
B. How to find UPI ID in Google Pay
- Open the Google Pay app and login with Google Passcode or Fingerprint/pattern authentication
- Tap on your Profile Icon at the top right corner.
- On the screen, you can view the Google Pay UPI ID and the default bank added in the app.
- To change the UPI ID, tap on the bank account you want to change UPI ID and then tap on Edit icon.
- You can now select the Handler you want to use. Select from @okhdfcbank, @okicici, @oksbi, @okaxis.
- Note that you can only change handler and cannot change the ID before the handler.
C. What is my UPI ID in BHIM App
- Open the BHIM app on your smartphone and login with 4 digit App passcode.
- From the main screen, tap on Profile option from the bottom menu.
- You can now view your UPI ID on the screen along with QR code.
- You can add a new UPI ID of your choice. Tap on the right side icon and then select “Add new UPI ID“.
- Enter the new UPI ID of your choice and tap on the Submit button. You can only set the new ID if it is available.
- You can now set any UPI ID as default ID to receive payments.
D. How to find UPI ID in Paytm App
- Open the Paytm app on your smartphone
- Log in with the passcode or phone pattern/password.
- Now, swipe from the left to open the menu and tap on the profile icon.
- Tap on the Settings option from the menu.
- On the new page, click on Payments Settings and then select Saved Payment Details option.
- You can view the UPI ID in Paytm and linked Bank account in the app.
- You cannot create a new UPI ID in Paytm as of now. We will update the article once this facility is available.
E. What is my UPI ID in Amazon Pay
- Open Amazon App and swipe from left to open the menu.
- Tap on “Your Account” option.
- From the new page, under Amazon Pay section, tap on the “Amazon Pay UPI” option.
- You can now view the UPI ID in Amazon app.
- To create a new UPI ID, tap on the “Create New UPI ID” option.
- On the new screen, enter the UPI ID of your choice and click on Create UPI ID button.
- You can create 3 UPI ID and set anyone as default ID for receiving the money.
Must Read – How to remove bank account from UPI Apps
It is must to know the UPI ID for receiving payments on UPI apps without telling the account details. In this guide, we have seen how to find UPI ID on different UPI Apps such as PhonePe, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Paytm, etc. If you have any doubts regarding the information provided in this article, you can write to us in the comment section below.
- How to solve BHIM App "UPI registration failed" issue
- What is UPI transaction limit per day?
- How to remove bank account from UPI Apps
- How to change UPI ID within 2 minutes
- *99# NUUP Service: How to check bank account balance without internet on mobile
- Forgot UPI PIN: How to change/reset UPI PIN in 2 minutes