UPI is a newly launched payment system in India. Under #DigitalIndia campaign, the UPI has emerged a lot and has become a widely used payment method than other methods. With a variety of options, like pay using UPI ID, Account number/IFSC, using the mobile number and even using Aadhar number, UPI payments have become the favorite to Indian Youth. But for the UPI payments, the Six digit UPI PIN is mandatory. If you forgot the UPI PIN then it will be difficult to transact and use any UPI App. If you are using any UPI app and forgot the UPI PIN, then this post will be helpful for you. In this post, if you forgot UPI PIN, know how to reset and change it.
What is UPI?
unified Payment Interface (UPI) is technology where you can send money without having account number but only a Unique UPI ID. With UPI you can check balance, transfer money from your phone with or Without internet.
Forgot UPI PIN? Here’s how to reset it.
A six digit (or 4 digits for some banks) is the authentication method to verify the transaction done via UPI. If you forgot that PIN, you will get stuck and no UPI transaction can be done. To reset the UPI PIN you need to perform some task and get the job done.
- Step1: Open in UPI app to reset the UPI PIN. In this case, we are going to see, BHIM App to reset the PIN.
- Step2: Once you open the BHIM app, click on Bank account option from the main screen.
- Step3: Now from the newly opened screen, click on Reset UPI PIN.
- Step4: Now, enter your last 6 digits of Debit card and Expiry date in MMYY format.
- Step5: If you have maestro card, just tick mark on Maestro card option, so that you don’t have to enter card expiry details.
- Step6: From the next screen, enter your new six-digit UPI PIN and re-enter it to confirm.
Done! your UPI PIN is now reset and you can use new PIN to do transactions on UPI Apps.
How to reset UPI PIN in Phonepe App?
- Step1: Open the Phonepe App and from the bottom menu, click on My Money option.
- Step2: Now, select the Bank accounts option and select the bank for which you forgot UPI PIN.
- Step3: Tap on reset UPI PIN to reset it.
- Step4: Enter your last 6 digits of debit card number and expiry date and tap on Continue button.
- Step5: Enter your new UPI pin to set it.
How to fix forgot UPI PIN in google pay app?
- Step1: Once you open the Google Pay App on your phone, tap on your name to open the profile settings.
- Step2: Now, tap on Bank account option from the list.
- Step3: Select the bank account name that you want to reset the upi pin for.
- Step4: below the bank name, you will see the Forgot UPI PIN? tap on it.
- Step5: Enter your last 6 digits of debit card number and expiry date and tap on Continue button.
- Step6: Enter your new UPI pin to set it.
Also Read – SBI debit card online apply detailed procedure
We have seen the method to reset the UPI PIN if you forgot it. You come to know that how to reset UPI pin in BHIM, PhonePe aGooglegle Pay in case you forgot UPI PIN for any of the bank linked to that app.
In case you have any difficulty of resetting your UPI PIN, then feel free to write down in the comment section below.
Also, read this –