UPI Apps allow users to add multiple bank accounts within the same app, so that you can manage/[ay/receive money from your multiple bank accounts. This feature is handy to UPI users who have multiple bank accounts. But sometimes you need to remove the bank account added into the UPI due to various reasons. In such a case, you can do it with the provided option in the App. In this guide, we will see how to remove bank account from UPI Apps like Phonepe, Google Pay, Paytm, Freecharge, etc in a step by step manner.
Why you need to delete bank account from UPI Apps
- Due to the increasing Fraud of UPI, you may want to remove your primary account from the UPI apps.
- You no longer want to use UPI on your one of the bank accounts.
How to remove bank account from UPI Apps
We will see the method to delete bank account from some popular UPI Apps – PhonePe, BHIM UPI, Google Pay, Paytm, Freecharge.
1. How to remove bank account from PhonePe
- Open the phonepe and then select the My Money option from the bottom menu.
- Then Tap on the Bank Accounts option from the new screen.
- Now, you can see the list of bank accounts you have added into the phonepe app.
- You can now tap on the Delete icon beside the bank account which you want to delete.
- Confirm the selection by tapping “UNLINK” to remove the account from PhonePe app.
Must Read – How to change UPI ID within 2 minutes
2. How to remove bank account from Google Pay App
- Open the Gpay App and login with a PIN.
- Now, tap on your profile icon and then select the bank account which you want to delete.
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner and then select the “Remove Account” option.
- Confirm to delete the bank account from google pay.
3. How to delete bank account from PayTM
- Open the Paytm app and login with the pin/password.
- Open the left swipe menu and then select the Settings option.
- From the menu, select Payment Settings and then Saved Payment Details option.
- Now, select the bank account which you want to remove from the Paytm.
- Then select Remove Bank option from the new screen.
- Tap OK to confirm.
4. How to remove Bank account from Freecharge
- Open the Freecharge app on your phone and log in with pin/password(if any).
- Tap on the Account option from the bottom menu.
- Select BHIM UPI Settings and then select UPI linked bank accounts option.
- Now, you can see the list of bank accounts added into the recharge app. Here, tap on the Three-dot menu and select the Delete Bank account option.
- Then select the account you want to delete and then tap on Delete Bank account at the bottom.
- Tap on the CONFIRM button to confirm remove bank account from freecharge.
You can remove the bank account from any UPI app. In this guide, we have seen how to remove bank account from UPI apps such as Phonepe, google pay, Freecharge, Paytm, etc. If you have any doubts regarding this guide, feel free to comment below in the comment section.
- How to solve BHIM App "UPI registration failed" issue
- What is UPI transaction limit per day?
- What is my UPI ID? How to find UPI ID on different UPI Payments App
- How to change UPI ID within 2 minutes
- *99# NUUP Service: How to check bank account balance without internet on mobile
- Forgot UPI PIN: How to change/reset UPI PIN in 2 minutes