Indian Bank Provides Internet banking and mobile banking facility to its customers for easy access to their accounts. To register for Indian Bank internet banking or Mobile banking, you must know the CIF number for your account. In this guide, we will see how to know Indian Bank CIF number with or without passbook.
Table of Contents
Requirements to know CIF number for Indian Bank account –
- Account number.
- Registered mobile number.
- Welcome letter.
- Chequebook first page.
Why do you need the Indian Bank CIF number?
There are a few reasons why you should know the CIF number for your Indian Bank Account –
- For Online Internet banking registration, you should know your CIF number
- For Mobile Banking registration, you should know the CIF number.
- During the Branch transfer, you should mention the CIF number on the branch transfer form.
How to get Indian Bank CIF number online without going to the bank?
There are different ways through which you can easily get your CIF number by sitting at home –
- Using Passbook
- Get CIF number via SMS
- Using Welcome Letter
- Using Cheque book
A. How to get Indian Bank CIF number using passbook?
- Get your Indian Bank Passbook and open its first page.
- You will get your personal details, account details, and the CIF number printed on the first page.
B. How can I get CIF number of Indian bank through SMS?
You can also get Indian bank CIF number without passbook –
- Open the Know your CIF webpage on your phone’s/computer’s browser – https://apps.indianbank.in/emailstatement/ToFetchCIFNo.aspx
- On the page opened, enter your Account number and Registered mobile number. Also, enter the captcha code and then click on the Send OTP button.
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on the screen and then click on the Get CIF button.
- You will receive the Indian Bank CIF number via SMS.
C. Know Indian Bank CIF number from Welcome Letter
- During account opening, you must have received the welcome letter in the kit.
- Open the letter, and on the first page, you can know CIF number printed along with the account number, name, etc.
D. How to know Indian Bank CIF number from Chequebook?
- Get your Chequebook and open its first page.
- On the first page, you can view the CIF number, Account number and account holder name, address, etc.
How to know Indian Bank CIF number without Passbook?
If you don’t have the passbook, you can still get your CIF number online or by other means. Read methods B, C, and D to get your CIF number without passbook.
Must Read – Indian bank statement download in Mobile
With the help of this article, you can now know Indian bank CIF number on your computer or smartphone. There is no need to visit the branch to know your CIF number. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, please let us know in the comment section below.
- How to do Indian bank net banking registration? [in 5 minutes]
- [Quick way] How to block indian bank atm card in 1 minute
- How to do Indian bank SMS banking registration? [1 minute read]
- How to get Indian bank mini statement on your phone?
- Indian bank statement download in Mobile
- How to view Indian bank passbook online in 2 minutes