IDFC First bank has started a Credit card offering to Indian Customers from Feb 2021. IDFC Bank gives various credit cards with attractive Cash Back and discounts offer. You might get a pre-approved credit card if you have an IDFC First Bank Savings account and maintain a good amount of money. Apply for an IDFC card from here and check if you are eligible. If you already own an IDFC credit card but unknowingly misplace it or the card is lost, then you should block it immediately. In this guide, we will see how to block IDFC first bank credit card instantly.
Things required to block IDFC First bank Credit card
- registered Mobile Number – Your registered mobile number must be with you to block IFDC credit card
- IDFC App – You should know the MPIN for the IDFC app if you want to block credit card using a mobile app
- IDFC net banking User ID and Password – You should have internet banking access and password to block idfc credit card using internet banking
How to block IDFC First Bank Credit Card
There are currently three methods available through which you can instantly block idfc bank credit card.
- By calling customer Care
- Through IDFC Bank Mobile Banking App
- Through Internet Banking
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to block IDFC First bank credit card by calling customer Care
This method doesn’t require an internet connection or logging into an internet banking/mobile app, and you can block your card by calling customer care from a registered mobile number.
- Get your registered mobile number and dial the following number
IDFC First Bank Credit Card Customer Care Number – 1860 500 1111
- Once the call gets connected, select Language.
- Then select the option: “Report Loss of Credit Card.”
- Select 1 to “Block your credit card.”
- Confirm the request. IVRS will tell you the last four digits of the credit card number. Confirm the card number and press 1 to block the card.
- You can replace the credit card by selecting “replace a credit card.” This option will permanently block the card, and a new card with new card details will be sent to your registered address. ( card replacement charges of 100 rs are applicable).
Must Read – IDFC Bank Credit card Activation in 5 minutes
Method 2 – How to block IDFC bank credit card using IDFC Mobile Banking
- Open the IDFC first Mobile app on your smartphone.
- If you don’t have the app installed, then Download IDFC first Mobile App on your smartphone.
- Register on the app using IDFC Customer ID, Registered mobile number, and OTP received on mobile number.
- Login into the app by entering a four-digit PIN.
- From the home page, click on “HAVE” from the bottom menu.
- Then click on “Cards” from the top menu.
- You can now see the cards associated with your customer id.
- Select Credit card which you want to block by tapping on card number.
- From the card details page, tap on “Temporarily Block” if you want to block the card for some time. You can unblock it again by tapping “Unblock.”
- If you want to block the card permanently, tap on “Permanently Block” option from the menu. This card cannot be unblocked, and you should get a new card to use IDFC first bank credit card.
- Select “I want this card replaced” to order a new card with new card details. You will be charged Rs.100 as a card replacement fee, and a new card will be delivered to your registered address within seven working days.
Must Read – How to add nominee in IDFC first bank online
Method 3 – How to block IDFC first bank credit card using Internet banking
- Open IDFC First bank website on your computer/smartphone – https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/
- Click on “Customer Login” from the menu and then select “Login to New Portal.” ( Old portal don’t have a credit card section)
- Enter your mobile number and password to log in to your account.
- From the main menu, click on “HAVE.”
- Select the “Cards” and then click on IDFC first Credit card.
- You can now select “Temporarily Block” if you want to block the card for some time. You can unblock it again by selecting “Unblock.”
- If you want to block the card permanently, tap on “Permanently Block” from the menu. This card cannot be unblocked, and you should get a new card to use IDFC first bank credit card.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click on Confirm button.
Must Read – How to get customer ID in IDFC first Bank
You can instantly block your IDFC first bank credit card using three easy methods. You can use any method to block IDFC first bank credit card. In case you have any doubts regarding the information provided in this article, please write to us in the comment section below.