IDFC Bank started giving credit cards to customers in India. You can apply for their wide range of Credit card variants through their website. If you already have an IDFC First bank account, you have more chances of getting a pre-approved credit card. After you get a credit card, you must activate it to use it anywhere, such as Online transactions, offline transactions, and cash withdrawals at ATM. In this post, we will see IDFC bank credit card activation in detail and step by step manner.
Table of Contents
Things required for IDFC Bank credit card activation –
- You must know the Credit card details – Card number, Expiry date, and CVV number.
- Customer ID allotted to you after credit card application is approved. You can get the customer id printed on the welcome kit OR SMS sent by IDFC bank during the CC approval process.
- Bank Registered Mobile number should be with you while doing IDFC bank credit card activation.
IDFC Bank Credit card activation step by step procedure
There are two steps involved in this procedure to activate your card fully.
We will see both the steps one by one.
Step 1 – Generate PIN for IDFC bank credit card.
You need to generate a PIN for your credit card to activate it. You can do the credit card PIN generation by three methods. We have explained all these three methods in our following guide.
Do read the guide and generate the PIN online or by calling the customer care number.
For your ready reference, we have explained the PIN generation process by calling customer care in the following steps –
- Open phone dialer on your phone and dial 18605001111
- Once the call gets connected, select Language for communication.
- Press 1 one for IDFC First Bank Credit Card PIN generation.
- An IVRS will ask you to enter the Last four digits of the credit card number followed by # Key.
- Once the card number is verified, enter the CVV number printed on the backside of the card.
- You can now set the four-digit PIN of your choice.
Must Read – How to add nominee in IDFC first bank online
Step 2 – Enable Online transactions for IDFC Credit Card
You need to enable IDFC credit card online transactions for your credit card. By default, your online transactions and international transactions are turned off by the bank as per RBI guidelines. You need to enable them to use your card –
- Call customer care number 18605001111 and select Language.
- Then press 3 to enable transaction preferences.
- To enable Online transactions, press 4.
- Confirm and press 1 to enable trasnaction.
You will now receive SMS about online transactions are enabled.
Step 3 – Do a physical transaction to activate your card fully.
You will have to do one offline physical transaction at any retail outlet using the PIN set in step 1.
- Go to any POS-enabled shop.
- Shop anything or avail of any service of your preference.
- While making payment, give them IDFC first credit card and ask them to insert the card in the POS machine.
- Enter the four-digit PIN of your choice after confirming the amount.
- After a successful transaction, your card is now fully activated.
Once you complete both these steps, you can use your card anywhere, such as online shopping, cash withdrawal, ATM, etc.
In this guide, we have seen how to do IDFC credit card activation online in easy steps. If you have any queries/doubts regarding the information provided in the article about IDFC First Bank Credit card, do write to us in the comment section below.
- Forgot IDFC First Bank Password: How to change IDFC First Bank Internet Banking Password?
- How to get Interest Certificate from IDFC First Bank in just 2 minutes
- How to activate IDFC Debit card for Online transaction?
- How to activate international transaction on idfc debit card
- How to get IDFC first bank mini statement in Mobile?
- How to view IDFC bank account statement online?
- How to get customer ID in IDFC first Bank? Within just 2 minutes