IDFC Bank started giving credit cards to customers in India. You can apply for their wide range of Credit card variants through their website. If you already have a IDFC First bank account then you have more chance to get a pre-approved credit card. After you get a credit card you must activate it to use it anywhere such as Online transaction, offline transaction and cash withdrawal at ATM. In this post we will see IDFC bank credit card activation in detail and step by step manner.
Things required for IDFC First Bank credit card activation
- You must know the Credit card details – Card number, Expiry date and CVV number.
- Customer ID allotted to you after credit card application is approved. You can get the customer id printed on the welcome kit OR SMS sent by IDFC bank during CC approval process.
- Bank Registered Mobile number should be with you while doing IDFC bank credit card activation.
IDFC Bank Credit card activation step by step procedure
There are 2 steps involved in this procedure to activate your card fully.
we will see both the steps one by one.
Step 1 – Generate PIN for IDFC bank credit card
You need to generate a PIN for your credit card to activate it. You can do the credit card PIN generation by three methods. We have explained all these three methods in our following guide.
Do read the guide and generate the PIN online or by calling customer care number.
For your ready reference we have explained PIN generation process by calling customer care in the following steps –
- Open phone dialer on your phone and dial 18605001111
- Once the call gets connected, select Language for communication.
- Press 1 one for IDFC First Bank Credit Card PIN generation.
- An IVRS will ask you to enter Last four digits of the credit card number followed by # Key.
- Once the card number is verified, enter the CVV number printed on the backside of the card.
- You can now set the four digit PIN of your choice.
Must Read – How to add nominee in IDFC first bank online
Step 2 – Do a physical transaction to fully activate your card.
You will have to do one offline physical transaction at any retail outlet using PIN set in step 1.
- Go to any POS enabled shop.
- Shop anything or avail any service of your preference.
- While doing payment give them IDFC first credit card and ask then to insert the card in POS machine.
- Enter the four digit PIN of your choice after confirming the amount.
- After successful transaction your card is now fully activated.
Once you complete both these steps, you can use your card anywhere such as online shopping. cash withdrawal and ATM, etc.
- How to activate international transaction on idfc debit card
- How to get Interest Certificate from IDFC First Bank in just 2 minutes
- How to do IDFC bank balance enquiry online and without internet in 1 minute
- How to do IDFC first bank Cheque book request without going to bank
- How to block IDFC first bank Credit Card Instantly
- How to add beneficiary in IDFC first Bank within 5 minutes