Newly issued HDFC Credit card comes with online transactions, and international transactions turned off. You can enable them by yourself when you receive your card. After HDFC Credit card activation, you can easily enable online transaction on your card through mobile or computer. The process is simple and can be done by cardholders. In this guide, we will learn different methods on how to enable HDFC credit card for online transaction in step by step process.
Table of Contents
Requirements to enable HDFC credit card online transactions
- HDFC netbanking login.
- Registered mobile number
- The mobile number must be active and able to receive OTP on the phone.
- HDFC Mobile App login.
Once you have the required details with you, let’s know the methods to complete the process.
How to enable HDFC credit card for online transaction?
- Using Mycards website
- Using HDFC Mobile App
- Using HDFC Website
We will see each method in detail.
Method 1 – How to activate HDFC credit card for online transactions using Mycards website
- Open mycards.hdfcbank.com on your computer/smartphone browser.
- Enter your registered mobile number and tap on GET OTP option.
- You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the screen and tap on Verify Button.
- You can now view your card details and settings on the screen.
- Select ‘Card Control‘ option from the settings.
- On the next screen, enable Online spends and Merchant Outlet option.
- Click on the Update button at the bottom.
Your request to enable online transactions is completed.
Method 2 – How to enable HDFC credit card for online transactions through HDFC App?
Follow these steps –
- Open HDFC Mobile App on your smartphone.
- Login using PIN or Fingerprint Authentication.
- Tap on the Menu icon.
- Select ‘PAY’ option from the menu.
- Then select the Cards option.
- Under the credit cards section, select your card and tap on the outstanding amount.
- Tap on the Show more option.
- Select Customise option in ‘Limits and Restrictions‘ option.
- Enable ‘Online’ and ‘Merchant Outlet‘ option and select the limit.
- At the bottom of the page, tap on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- On the new page, select the verification method from SMS or Email and tap on the Continue button.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile/email id and tap on Continue button.
- Your details are now verified and updated.
Method 3 – How to enable HDFC credit card for online transactions through Internet Banking?
Follow these steps –
- Open HDFC Netbanking website on your smartphone/computer browser –https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Click on LOGIN button.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- Once you log in to your account, click on Cards option.
- From the Credit card section, click on ‘Requests‘ option.
- From Sub-menu, click on ‘Set Card Usage/Limits‘ option.
- Select your credit card from the drop-down list and click on the Continue button.
- Open daily Domestic Usage limits option.
- Select the ‘Merchant Outlet Usage’ and ‘Online Usage’ option and select the ‘ON‘ option.
- At the bottom, click on the Continue button.
- Confirm your selection and click on the Continue button.
The daily limit change request is successful.
You can easily enable HDFC credit card online transactions and POS using your phone through mobile or computer. In this guide, we have explained three different methods to complete this process.If you have any doubt regarding the information provided in the article, let us know in the comment section below.
- How to check HDFC credit card application status?
- How to check HDFC credit card balance? [In just 1 minute]
- How to increase HDFC Credit card limit online? [2 Easy methods]
- How to check and redeem HDFC Credit card points?
- HDFC Credit card PIN generation in just 2 minutes
- How to register credit card in HDFC Netbanking? [10 Easy Steps]