HDFC bank is the most trusted bank in India. HDFC bank offers many digital banking facilities to its customers. To avail of the digital banking facility, a mobile number is mandatory for many banking transactions. If your registered mobile number is lost or you have changed your mobile number, then you must immediately update your mobile number in HDFC bank account. In this guide, we will see the different methods on how to change mobile number in HDFC bank in a step-by-step instruction in easy steps.
Table of Contents
Things required to change mobile number in HDFC bank –
- Old mobile number must be with you to change mobile number through ATM
- A new mobile number should be active and can receive and send SMS.
- HDFC customer ID, account number, branch name, etc., to fill up in the HDFC mobile number change form.
How to change Mobile number in HDFC Bank?
There are currently 2 ways through which you can easily change mobile number in your HDFC bank account –
We will see all the methods in detail-
Method 1 – How to change registered mobile number in HDFC bank through ATM?
- Visit the nearest HDFC ATM along with your HDFC Debit card.
- Then, insert the card into the ATM and select the language according to your choice.
- From the menu, select “More options” and then select the “Update Registered mobile number” option.
- On the new screen, enter your new mobile number with the help of the atm keypad.
- Press the Next button and again enter the new mobile number.
- Make sure that you enter the correct mobile number and then press the “Confirm” button.
- Now enter the HDFC ATM PIN on the screen and click on Submit button.
Your request to change your mobile number in HDFC bank account has now been submitted. This process will take around 3 working days, and you will be informed via SMS and Email. Make sure you have an updated email address in your account.
Method 2 – How to change mobile number in HDFC bank through Branch?
- First of all, download HDFC mobile number change form online via this link – https://v1.hdfcbank.com/assets/pdf/Eage_banking_change_of_address_form.pdf.
- Fill the form with all required fields, such as account number, customer id, etc.
- Also, enter your new mobile number and sign the form with the registered signature.
- Now, visit the bank branch and submit the form to the help desk.
- The bank executive will verify your details and submit the form.
Within 3 working days, your new mobile number will be updated and linked to your account.
How to change mobile number in HDFC bank online?
Currently, there is no way to change mobile number through net banking or mobile number. You can download the mobile number change form online, but you must fill out the form and submit it to a bank branch to update your mobile number. HDFC bank will soon start the online facility to change mobile number; we will update this guide with steps once launched.
Mobile number registration for SMS banking alerts –
Once your new mobile number is updated with your account, you can enable the SMS alert services for debit, credit, or other important transactions.
- Login to HDFC net banking with your customer id and password
- from the homepage, click on the “Insta Alerts” option.
- On the alerts page, you can now select for which transactions you want an alert on your mobile number via SMS.
- Save the changes by clicking on the “Update” button.
Frequently Asked Questions about HDFC Mobile Number Change –
Can we change mobile number in hdfc bank online?
Yes, you can easily change mobile number from ATM and by visiting branch.
How to change mobile number in hdfc bank through sms?
Unfortunaltely there is no option to change mobile number through sms.
How to change mobile number in hdfc bank online?
There is no option to change mobile number from HDFC netbanking,
In this guide, we have seen how to change mobile number in HDFC bank via different methods. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, please let us know in the comment section below.
- How to transfer money without adding beneficiary in HDFC?
- I Forgot HDFC customer ID. How to get Customer ID of HDFC bank Online and Offline?
- How to get TDS certificate from HDFC bank online
- How to check minimum balance required in HDFC in just 1 minute?
- How to increase HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day?[in just 3 minutes]
- How to add beneficiary in HDFC bank online
- How to change HDFC Debit card PIN - 4 Easy Methods