HDFC bank offers a wide range of Debit Card to its account holders. You can select from the list of Debit cards while opening the bank account or Order the new Card anytime you want. If you have ordered a new HDFC Debit card and received it, then you need to generate ATM PIN to activate the card. In this guide, we will see detailed information on HDFC debit card PIN generation step-by-step.
Table of Contents
Things required for HDFC debit card PIN generation.
- HDFC debit card – You should have an HDFC debit card with you (to generate ATM PIN using ATM)
- Registered Mobile number – The mobile number registered with the bank should be with you and must be active to receive OTP via SMS.
- An OTP received on your phone – When the debit card is delivered, you will receive an SMS on your phone containing OTP, which needs to be entered to generate PIN by visiting ATM.
- HDFC netbanking access – Customer Id and netbanking password. If you don’t have netbanking access, know How to register for HDFC netbanking online.
Two Easy Methods for HDFC debit card PIN generation
- Generate HDFC debit card PIN from Internet banking
- by visiting HDFC ATM
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to generate HDFC debit card PIN using Internet banking?
- Open HDFC netbanking website on your computer/smartphone – https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Enter your Customer ID and Password to log in to your HDFC account.
- Now, click on the “Cards” option from the main menu.
- Click on the ” Requests ” option under the “Debit Cards” section, and click on the “Requests” option.
- From the sub-menu, click on the “Instant PIN generation” option.
- From the new page, select Card Number from the drop-down list.
- You can now enter the four-digit ATM PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the same four-digit PIN and then click on the Continue button.
- Confirm the generation of debit card PIN.
- On the new screen, confirm the mobile number registered with HDFC bank.
- You will now receive an OTP on the phone via SMS. Enter this OTP and click on the Continue button.
- Done, you have successfully generated an ATM PIN.
Must Read – How to do HDFC net banking activation?
Method 2 – How to do HDFC debit card PIN generation by visiting the nearest HDFC ATM?
- Go to the nearest HDFC ATM.
- Insert your card and then select Language from the menu.
- Now, select the PIN Generation option from the screen.
- On the new screen, you will be asked to enter the OTP received on SMS. Enter the OTP and select confirm.
- Now, enter the mobile number registered with the bank.
- Once the mobile number is confirmed, you can enter the debit card PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the same PIN and select Confirm button.
- Your HDFC debit card pin generation process by ATM is now complete.
You can now use your debit card for ATM cash withdrawals. To use it for online POS transactions and International transactions, you have to enable your card for the same. Read the below steps to enable it.
How to enable POS and international transactions on HDFC debit card?
- Login to netbanking and select the Cards option from the menu.
- Under the debit cards section, click on the Requests option.
- Then select the Set Card Usage/Limits option.
- Select Card from the list.
- Under “Daily domestic Limit” select the “ON” option for merchant outlets, Online transactions, and Contactless transactions. Also, enter the limit for each transaction.
- On the new screen, confirm the limits for transactions chosen by you and click on Confirm button.
- Now, from the new screen, select the card number and enter the ATM PIN and Expiry Date in MM/YY.
- Done, your online transactions are now enabled.
You can generate PIN for HDFC debit card by sitting at home. If you don’t have internet banking access, you can also complete HDFC debit card pin generation by visiting the nearest HDFC ATM. We have seen two easy methods in this guide. If you have any doubts regarding the information provided in this guide, please feel free to write to us in the comment section below.
- HDFC transfer limit for new beneficiary other bank
- How to do HDFC bank statement download? in just 1 minute
- How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
- How to get HDFC bank statement through email? [In just 2 minutes]
- How to change email id in HDFC bank?
- HDFC Credit card PIN generation in just 2 minutes
- How to register credit card in HDFC Netbanking? [10 Easy Steps]