HDFC provides an Internet banking facility to its customers for easy access of the accounts/cards on their fingerprints. If you have an account with HDFC Bank, you can get access to HDFC net banking. After registration, you have to do HDFC net banking activation to unlock all its features such as third-party transfer (IMPS, NEFT, etc.), ability to change your Debit card PIN online. In this guide, we will see how to do HDFC net banking activation online within 5 minutes.
Things required for HDFC net banking activation
- HDFC customer ID and HDFC internet banking Password.
- Registered Mobile Number with the bank must be with you.
- Mobile number should be active and able to receive SMS.
- HDFC debit card details – Number, ATM PIN, and Card Expiry date in DD/MM.
Step by step guide for HDFC Net Banking Activation
For activation of HDFC net banking, you have to complete 3 major steps –
- Register for HDFC netbanking.
- Activate Third Party Transfer.
- Activate HDFC Secure Access.
We will see each step one by one in detail –
Step1 – Register for HDFC netbanking online
- In the welcome kit sent by HDFC bank, you can find the HDFC net banking password. Open that paper and see the password.
- Now open the HDFC netbanking website on your computer/smartphone –https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/.
- enter your Customer ID and click on the Continue button.
- Then enter the password received in the welcome kit and click on the Login button.
- On the new screen, you need to change the password of your choice.
- In case you don’t receive a Password in the welcome kit or you lost the password paper, you can register for HDFC netbanking online. Read How to register for HDFC netbanking online?.
Once you register for Internet banking you can create a custom User ID to log in to your account so that you don’t have to remember the HDFC customer id every time.
Step2 – Activate Third party Transfer
For funds transfer, you have to activate third party transfer first.
- Login to netbanking and click on “Funds Transfer” option from the main menu.
- Then click on the “Register Now” button to start the process.
- Now, select the debit card number from the list, enter ATM PIN and Expiry date in MM/YY. Click on Confirm button to proceed.
- On the new page, confirm the mobile number registered with the bank and click on the “Continue” button.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile. Enter this OTP on the screen and click on the “Confirm” button.
- Now Read the information displayed on the screen and click on the “Register Now” button.
- You are now registered for Third party transfer but you have to continue to activate secure access to complete this process.
Must Read – How to stop credit card calls completely
Step3 – Activate HDFC Secure Access
Secure access activation is in continuation with third party transfer registration process.
- From the drop-down list select the image category you want to choose as an image for identification.
- From the new page, select the image you want to choose and click on the Continue button.
- Now, enter the Current Authentication message which will be shown on the login screen next time when you visit the netbanking website.
- On the new page, you have to answer the five secret questions of your choice.
- On the next step, confirm the image, message, and answers to five questions, and then click on Confirm button after accepting terms and conditions.
The Secure access and Third-party transfer access are now activated in your account and with these three steps, HDFC net banking activation is completed.
You can do HDFC net banking activation in three easy steps. You can complete these three steps online by sitting at home. You just need a mobile number and debit card. If you have any doubt regarding the information provided in this article, please write to us in the comment section below.
- How to see virtual debit card in HDFC bank online?
- How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
- How to increase HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day?[in just 3 minutes]
- How to change mobile number in HDFC bank?[2 easy methods]
- How to redeem HDFC debit card reward points in 5 minutes?
- HDFC bank statement download in just 1 minute
- What is HDFC FD Interest rates as on today? HDFC FD Interest calculator online