Do you have HDFC Fixed Deposite and want to break it online? If yes then this guide is for you. Due to any reason if you want money in your saving account and want to close the ongoing FD from HDFC bank then you can do it online using a smartphone or computer. In this guide, we will see how to break FD in HDFC bank online.
Things required to break FD in HDFC bank online
How to break FD in HDFC bank online
there are two methods available to break hdfc FD –
- Using HDFC internet banking
- Using HDFC Mobile App
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to break FD in HDFC bank online using Internet banking
- Open HDFC Internet banking website on your computer/smartphone – https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Enter the Customer ID or Username and click on LOGIN button.
- Now, enter the internet banking password and confirm your Secure Access Image and Message to login.
- Once you logged in to your account, click on Transact Option from the left side menu.
- Now, from the list of options, click on Liquidate Fixed Deposit option.
- From the new page, select the FD account which you want to break. Also, select the HDFC saving account from the list in which the fd amount to be credited.
- On the new page, confirm the details you selected. On the same page, you can view the penalty charges levied by the bank to break the FD(if any) and the total amount to be transferred to the saving account.
- Click on CONFIRM button on this page.
- Done, your FD is now broken and the FD amount + Interest rate is credited into the saving account.
Must Read – How to reset HDFC Debit card PIN?
Method 2 – How to break FD in HDFC bank using HDFC mobile App
- Download HDFC mobile app on your smartphone.
- Login with HDFc customer ID and password.
- You can set easy Access PIN to log in quickly by entering a four-digit PIN or biometric authentication.
- Once you successfully logged into your account, tap on the menu icon at the top left corner.
- From the menu, tap on the SAVE option.
- Now, in the sub-menu, tap on the Deposits option.
- Now, select the FD account from the list of FD accounts.
- From the new page, scroll down and tap on the “Break this Deposit” option.
- On the new page, you can view the total amount to be transferred to your saving account and Penalty charges if any.
- Tap on CONFIRM button to complete the process.
- Done, your HDFC FD is now broken and the total FD fund plus interest amount is credited into your HDFC saving account.
You can easily close your Fixed deposit in HDFC bank. In this guide, we have explained two easy methods on how to break FD in HDFC bank online within 2 minutes. In case you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this guide, please let us know in the comment section below.
- How to redeem HDFC debit card reward points in 5 minutes?
- HDFC bank statement download in just 1 minute
- What is HDFC FD Interest rates as on today? HDFC FD Interest calculator online
- What is HDFC bank transaction limit per day?
- How to activate HDFC debit card for online transaction?
- HDFC bank mobile banking registration
- How to change email id in HDFC bank?