Do you have an HDFC Fixed Deposit and want to break it online? If yes, then this guide is for you. For any reason, if you want money in your savings account and want to close the ongoing FD from HDFC bank, then you can do it online using a smartphone or computer. In this guide, we will see how to break FD in HDFC bank online.
Table of Contents
Things required to break FD in HDFC bank online
How to break FD in HDFC Bank online? – 2 Easy Methods
There are two methods available to break hdfc FD –
- Using HDFC Internet banking
- Using HDFC Mobile App
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to break FD in HDFC bank online using Internet banking
- Open HDFC Internet banking website on your computer/smartphone – https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Enter the Customer ID or Username and click on LOGIN button.
- Now, enter the Internet banking password and confirm your Secure Access Image and Message to login.
- Once you log in to your account, click on Transact Option from the left side menu.
- Now, from the list of options, click on Liquidate Fixed Deposit option.
- From the new page, select the FD account which you want to break. Also, select the HDFC saving account from the list in which the fd amount to be credited.
- On the new page, confirm the details you selected. On the same page, you can view the penalty charges levied by the bank to break the FD(if any) and the total amount to be transferred to the savings account.
- Click on CONFIRM button on this page.
- Done. Your FD is now broken, and the FD amount + Interest rate is credited into the saving account.
Must Read – How to change HDFC Debit card PIN?
Method 2 – How to break FD in HDFC bank using HDFC Mobile App
- Download HDFC mobile app on your smartphone.
- Login with HDFC customer ID and password. OR Quick Access PIN OR fingerprint authentication.
- You can set an easy Access PIN to log in quickly by entering a four-digit PIN or biometric authentication.
- Once you successfully logged into your account, tap on the menu icon at the top left corner.
- From the menu, tap on the SAVE option.
- Now, in the sub-menu, tap on the Deposits option.
- Now, select the FD account from the list of FD accounts.
- From the new page, scroll down and tap on the “Break this Deposit” option.
- On the new page, you can view the total amount to be transferred to your savings account and Penalty charges, if any.
- Tap on CONFIRM button to complete the process.
- Done; your HDFC FD is now broken, and the total FD fund plus interest amount is credited into your HDFC savings account.
You can easily close your Fixed deposit in HDFC Bank. In this guide, we have explained two easy methods on how to break FD in HDFC bank online within 2 minutes. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this guide, please let us know in the comment section below.
- How to transfer money without adding beneficiary in HDFC?
- I Forgot HDFC customer ID. How to get Customer ID of HDFC bank Online and Offline?
- How to get TDS certificate from HDFC bank online
- How to check minimum balance required in HDFC in just 1 minute?
- How to increase HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day?[in just 3 minutes]
- How to add beneficiary in HDFC bank online
- How to change HDFC Debit card PIN - 4 Easy Methods