HDFC Bank is one of the largest banks in India. You can do many things online using HDFC Internet banking and Mobile Banking. To transfer funds online you need to add beneficiary in HDFC first. In this guide, we will see how to add beneficiary in HDFC bank online using internet banking and mobile App
Things required to add beneficiary in HDFC bank
- HDFC Customer ID
- HDFC Internet banking Password. Know how to register for HDFC net banking?
- Bank registered Mobile number must be with you and should be active to receive OTP via SMS.
- Beneficiary Account Number and IFSC Code/Branch Name.
- Beneficiary mobile number and MMID (If you want to transfer funds without adding beneficiary).
How to add beneficiary in HDFC bank online
There are two methods available to add beneficiary –
- Via Internet Banking
- Via Mobile App
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to add beneficiary in HDFC bank using Internet Banking
- Open HDFC Internet banking website on your computer/smartphone – https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- enter the Customer ID or User ID and click on Login Button.
- Now, enter the password and confirm the Secure Access Image and Message. Click on the LOGIN button to access your account.
- Now, click on the “Funds Transfer” option from the main menu.
- On the new page, you have to register for the Third Party Transfer service from HDFC. If you haven’t done already, read this guide on how to register for third-party transfer service in HDFC bank?
- Once you activate TPT and Secure Access feature, you can now add a beneficiary at any time. Click on the “Request” option from the left menu.
- From the sub-menu, click on the “Add a Beneficiary” option.
- Select the same bank or other bank and click on the GO button.
- On the new page, enter the beneficiary details –
- Account Number – Enter beneficiary account number OR credit card number
- Account Type – Select Account type as savings or current account, loan account, etc.
- IFSC Code – click on “Click Here” and enter the beneficiary bank IFSC code. If you don’t know the code, you can search the bank branch on the same page.
- Beneficiary name – enter the name of Beneficiary here. You can also enter a custom name here to identify it easily from the list of beneficiaries.
- Email ID – enter the email ID of the beneficiary if available.
- Finally, click on Add button to submit the beneficiary details.
- On the new popup message, a new beneficiary transfer limit will be displayed.
- Click on Confirm button after verifying all details are correct.
- On the new page, tick mark on the Mobile number and click on the Continue button.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen and click on the Continue button.
- Done! The account added successfully to your hdfc bank and sent for authorization on the bank. You will have to wait for 30 minutes before transferring funds to this newly added account.
Method 2 – How to Add Beneficiary in HDFC bank using HDFC App
- Download HDFC mobile banking app on your smartphone.
- Log in with the HDFC customer ID and password.
- tap on the menu icon and then select the PAY option.
- From the submenu, tap on the Money transfer option.
- On the new screen, tap on ADD NEW PAYEE option.
- Now on the new page, select Transfer type. If the beneficiary is an account holder then select “Bank Accounts” and if you want to add a credit card, then select “Indian Credit Cards“.
- The next step is to select Account Category, if the beneficiary is having an HDFC account then select “HDFC Bank Account” and if the beneficiary is having another bank account then select “Non-HDFC bank Accounts in India“.
- Now, enter the beneficiary account details such as the name on Account, Account Number, type of account, and IFSC code. Tap on the Continue button after you enter all required details.
- On the new page, confirm the details you entered and tap on CONFIRM button.
- From the new page, tick mark in front of your mobile number (the last five digits are shown) as a verification method.
- You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen and click on the CONTINUE button.
- Once the OTP is verified, the beneficiary is added successfully.
- The beneficiary will be activated after authorization from the bank after 30 minutes.
Must Read – How to reset HDFC Debit card PIN?
What is HDFC beneficiary activation time?
After you add a beneficiary in HDFC bank, it will be activated after 30 Minutes. So, you have to wait for half an hour to transfer the funds to the newly added beneficiary account.
If you don’t want to wait for the beneficiary addition and want to transfer the amount immediately, then keep reading the guide below for the solution.
What is HDFC new beneficiary cooling period?
The cooling period for the nearly added beneficiary in HDFC bank is 24 Hrs. Within 24 Hrs you can do a limited amount of transfer, which is explained below.
What is the HDFC new beneficiary transfer limit? How much can I transfer after adding beneficiary hdfc?
The newly activated beneficiary has some transfer limits set by the HDFC bank to minimize frauds or mistakes.
After adding a beneficiary the amount that can be transferred within the first 24 hours are –
- Via NEFT/IMPS – 2 Lacs in total.
- Via RTGS – 5 Lacs in total.
How to transfer money without adding beneficiary in hdfc?
In case you have to transfer the money urgently then you can use the hdfc quick transfer facility.
For HDFC money transfer without adding a beneficiary, you will need a beneficiary’s Mobile number and MMID.
- Open HDFC App or log in to HDFC Internet banking. For now, we will see how to transfer money quickly using Mobile App.
- Tap on the PAY option from the Money Transfer option.
- Tap on Send Money option.
- Then select the “Without adding beneficiary” option.
- Enter the Beneficiary Mobile Number and MMID.
- Enter the amount to be transferred and then tap on the Continue button.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter this OTP on the screen.
- Done, you have now transferred the funds without adding the beneficiary.
If you don’t have MMID of beneficiary then read this guide to know other methods to transfer funds without adding beneficiary in HDFC.
You can easily add beneficiary in HDFC bank online by sitting at home. In this guide, we have seen two easy methods on how to add beneficiary in HDFC bank online. We have also seen a method to transfer funds without adding beneficiary and the cooling period for the newly added beneficiary, transfer limit for newly added beneficiary account.
- How to disable online transaction in HDFC debit card?
- How to see virtual debit card in HDFC bank online?
- How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
- How to increase HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day?[in just 3 minutes]
- How to change mobile number in HDFC bank?[2 easy methods]
- How to redeem HDFC debit card reward points in 5 minutes?
- HDFC bank statement download in just 1 minute