How to activate HDFC Debit card for Online transaction?
HDFC Bank provides many digital banking features to its customers so that you can manage your bank account from your phone/computer. HDFC debit cardholders can now enable online transactions for e-Com using mobile Apps and internet banking websites. In this guide, we will see how to activate HDFC debit card for online transactions in step by step manner.
Table of Contents
Things required to activate HDFC debit card for online transactions
You must fulfill the following things to enable e-Com transactions in HDFC debit card –
- HDFC customer ID or User ID – You must know the HDFC Customer id or User ID to log in to your internet banking account.
- HDFC Internet Banking Password – Registered mobile number to receive OTP sent by the bank to enable online transactions on your card.
- ATM PIN and Expiry Date- You must know the ATM PIN and Expiry date of your HDFC Debit card number to change online transaction settings.
If you do now have an internet banking login yet, please register on it and remember the password. You can also register on HDFC Mobile App to change card settings from your mobile phone.
How to activate HDFC debit card for online transactions?
There are two methods available to change Debit Card settings.
- Using Internet Banking
- Using HDFC Mobile App
Method 1 – How to activate HDFC Debit card for Online transactions through Internet Banking?
Login to your account and follow these instructions to change card control settings.
- Open HDFC net banking website on your computer/smartphone – https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/
- Enter your Customer ID or User ID and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
- Now, enter your HDFC net banking password and select the Phrase-image combo that is correct.
- Once you log in to your account, select the “CARDS” option from the main menu.
- Under the “Debit Cards” section, select the “REQUEST” option.
- Now, click on the “Set Card Usage/Limits” option from the sub-menu.
- Select a debit card from the list and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
- Now, open “Daily Domestic Usage/Limits” and turn ON “Online Usage“. Also, set the transaction limit for online usage.
- On the bottom of the page, click on the Continue button to save the changes.
- On the next screen, confirm your selection and click on the Continue button.
- Done! Online transactions are now enabled for your hdfc debit card.
You will receive a confirmation email and SMS about your activation of online transactions on HDFC debit card.
Must Read – HDFC bank statement download in just 1 minute
Method 2 – How to activate HDFC Debit card for Online transactions using HDFC App?
Register on the HDFC mobile app using your customer id, mobile number, and OTP received on your mobile number.
- Open the HDFC Mobile app and enter your four-digit Quick Access PIN.
- From the top right corner, click on the “Menu” option.
- From the left side menu, tap on the “PAY” option.
- Then tap on your Debit card and select “Show More“.
- You can now tap on the “Customise” option on the screen.
- Under the Online option, turn ON the toggle button to enable online transactions on HDFC Debit card.
- Move the slider to the left/right to decrease or increase the online spending limit.
- Scroll the page to the bottom and press the CONFIRM button.
- You must enter your ATM PIN and Expiry date on the new page in MM YY.
- Press the Continue button to save changes.
Must Read – How to change email id in HDFC bank?
You can activate online transactions on your HDFC debit card easily using HDFC net banking facility. Currently, there is no option in HDFC mobile app to enable/disable online transactions. We will update the article once it is available.
- How to disable online transaction in HDFC debit card?
- How to Download Interest Certificate from HDFC bank? [2 Easy Methods]
- I Forgot HDFC customer ID. How to get Customer ID of HDFC bank Online and Offline?
- What is my HDFC Statement Password? Remove HDFC Statement PDF Password.
- How to do HDFC bank statement download? in just 1 minute
- How to change mobile number in HDFC bank?[2 easy methods]
Whats my debit atm card apply sucess
HOW TO ACTIVATE MY DEBIT CARD FOR ONLINE PAYMENT ??
IN ACCOUNT THERE NO OPTION FOR ACTIVATE FOR ONLINE PAYMENT OF
DEBIT CARD ??
quick and helpful
Why am I getting a message ” enter amount in multiples of rs.1000″ every time I click ” Continue “
Very helpful. Thank you so much.