HDFC Credit cards are the most popular cards amongst others due to their reward programs. You will get spend-based offers, cashback on transactions, and instant discounts on various online shops. If you have applied for your credit card, track it online, and once received you need to register the card to manage it online. You can also view the card details in HDFC App after you link your card in netbanking. In this guide, we will know how to register credit card in HDFC netbanking online in a step by step instructions.
One thing to note is that if you have an HDFC Bank account then you will get the option to register credit card under netbanking but if you don’t have a bank account then you can register for netbanking using card details.
Table of Contents
Requirements to register credit card in HDFC netbanking –
- HDFC credit card number, Expiry Date.
- HDFC Credit card PIN.
- If you haven’t generated a PIN, you can enter the Date of Birth of the cardholder.
- Registered Mobile number should be with you and active to receive OTP on SMS.
How to register credit card in HDFC Netbanking?
Follow these simple steps t link your card in hdfc netbanking –
- Step1: Open HDFC netbanking website on your computer/smartphone browser – https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Step2: Log in with your Customer ID/UserID and Password.
- Step3: Now from the main menu, click on the ‘CARDS’ option.
- Step4: From the new page, you will be shown you don’t have a credit card, “click here” to register a Card.
- Step5: On the new page, Enter the Credit card Number and Expiry Date.
- Step6: On the same page, select the activation method as Date of Birth OR Card PIN.
- Step7: I have selected the Date of Birth option as I haven’t created a PIN yet. Then click on the “Submit” button.
- Step8: On the new page, you need to select the Authentication method. Click the “Continue” button to receive OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Step9: Enter the OTP received on your phone and click on Submit button.
- Step10: Once the OTP is verified, your HDFC credit card is now linked to your netbanking and the same message is displayed on the screen.
You can now manage your card from internet banking.
How to link HDFC credit card in the App?
There is no way to add a card in the App but the card will be automatically shown in the app after 3-4 days of card approval. You can manage your credit card from the app also.
Next steps after registering card in netbanking –
Once you register credit card in HDFc netbanking, you first need to generate Card PIN to start using your credit card. For security reasons, your card is disabled for Online transactions, International transactions. You can enable all required transaction modes from net banking.
Safety and Privacy Instructions for your new card –
Now that you have a credit card, use it wisely and plan the spending accordingly so that you don’t have to make arrangements to pay when the credit card bills arrive in your mailbox. Do not share your card number, CVV, OTP with anyone over the phone call. Also, try to remember your card details and don’t save them anywhere.
- HDFC transfer limit for new beneficiary other bank
- How to do HDFC bank statement download? in just 1 minute
- How to increase HDFC Credit card limit online? [2 Easy methods]
- How to check and redeem HDFC Credit card points?
- How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
- How to get HDFC bank statement through email? [In just 2 minutes]
- How to change email id in HDFC bank?