HDFC bank is known to offer better reward points and occasional discounts on online transactions, even on Debit Cards/ATM Cards. Your card may be misused if you keep online transactions always on. It is always beneficial to disable online transactions and enable them whenever necessary. In this guide, we will see how to disable online transaction in HDFC Debit card using online method in step-by-step instructions.
Table of Contents
Requirements to disable online transaction in HDFC debit card –
- HDFC customer ID.
- HDFC Internet Banking Password.
- Registered Mobile Number.
- If you want to disable online transaction without internet banking, then you should have a registered mobile number with you.
How to disable Online transaction in HDFC Debit Card online?
There are two methods available currently
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to disable online transaction in HDFC debit card through Internet Banking?
To disable e-Com and NFC transactions online, you must have internet banking enabled.
- Step1: Open HDFC bank netbanking website on your computer/mobile browser – https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/
- Step2: Now, enter your Customer ID OR User Name and click ‘Continue‘ button.
- Step3: Enter your Netbanking password and Verify Secure Access ID.
- Step4: Once you log in to your account, click on the ‘Cards’ option from the main menu.
- Step5: Now, from the left side menu, In the ‘Debit Card‘ section, click on the ‘Request’ option.
- Step6: Then click on the ‘Set Card Controls/Usage Limits option‘.
- Step7: Now, On the new page, select the Card number and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
- Step8: On the new page, expand the option ‘Daily Domestic Usage/Limits’ OR ‘Daily International Usage/Limits’ options based on your usage.
- Step9: Now, In front of ‘Online Usage‘ option, select OFF radio button.
- Step10: Scroll the page and click on the ‘Continue‘ button.
- Step11: On the new page, confirm the changes you want to save and click on the Continue button.
- Step12: Your card is now disabled for Online transactions.
Must Read – How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
Method 2 – How to disable online transaction in HDFC debit card by calling customer care?
If you don’t have internet banking access but do have a registered mobile number with you, then you can call customer care and disable online transaction through IVRS.
- Step1: Dial HDFC phone banking number on your registered mobile number – https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/need-help/customer-care
- Step2: Select the Bank account option.
- Step3: Then enter your customer id OR the last four digits of your card number and hash key.
- Step4: Then you have to validate with OTP sent on registered mobile number.
- Step5: Once you log in to phone banking, select the change usage channel.
- Step6: Select online transaction option and then select disable option.
Using these two methods, you can easily disable online transaction in HDFC debit card.
- How to do HDFC bank statement download? in just 1 minute
- How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
- How to get HDFC bank statement through email? [In just 2 minutes]
- How to change email id in HDFC bank?
- HDFC Credit card PIN generation in just 2 minutes
- How to register credit card in HDFC Netbanking? [10 Easy Steps]
- How to check minimum balance required in HDFC in just 1 minute?