HDFC bank offers better reward points and occasional discounts on online transactions, even Debit Cards/ATM Cards. Your card may be misused if you keep online transactions always on. It is always beneficial to disable online transactions and enable them whenever necessary. In this guide, we will see how to disable online transactions in HDFC Debit card using online method in step-by-step instructions.
Table of Contents
Requirements to disable online transactions in HDFC debit card –
- HDFC customer ID.
- HDFC Internet Banking Password.
- Registered Mobile Number.
- If you want to disable online transaction without internet banking, then you should have a registered mobile number with you.
How to disable Online transactions in HDFC Debit Card online?
There are two methods available currently
- Using Internet Banking.
- Using Phone Banking.
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to disable online transaction in HDFC debit card through Internet Banking?
To disable e-Com and NFC transactions online, you must have internet banking enabled.
- Open HDFC bank Netbanking website on your computer/mobile browser – https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/
- Enter your Customer ID OR User Name and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
- Enter your Netbanking password and Verify your Secure Access ID.
- Once you log in to your account, click on the ‘Cards’ option from the main menu.
- Now, from the left side menu, In the ‘Debit Card‘ section, click on the ‘Request’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Set Card Controls/Usage Limits option‘.
- Now, On the new page, select the Card number and click the ‘Continue‘ button.
- On the new page, expand the option ‘Daily Domestic Usage/Limits’ OR ‘Daily International Usage/Limits’ options based on your usage.
- Now, In front of the ‘Online Usage‘ option, select the OFF radio button.
- Scroll the page and click on the ‘Continue‘ button.
- On the new page, confirm the changes you want to save and click on the Continue button.
- Your card is now disabled for Online transactions.
Must Read – How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
Method 2 – How to disable online transactions in HDFC debit card by calling customer care?
If you don’t have internet banking access but do have a registered mobile number with you, then you can call customer care and disable online transactions through IVRS.
- Dial the HDFC phone banking number on your registered mobile number – 1800 202 6161 / 1860 267 6161
- Select the Bank account option.
- Then enter your customer ID OR the last four digits of your card number and hash key.
- Then you have to validate with OTP sent on the registered mobile number.
- Once you log in to phone banking, select the change usage channel.
- Select the online transaction option and then select disable option.
Using these two methods, you can easily disable online transactions in HDFC debit card.
You can easily enable online transactions on HDFC debit card by using two methods that we have explained in this guide. Follow any method to complete the process.
- How to transfer money without adding beneficiary in HDFC?
- I Forgot HDFC customer ID. How to get Customer ID of HDFC bank Online and Offline?
- How to get TDS certificate from HDFC bank online
- How to check minimum balance required in HDFC in just 1 minute?
- How to increase HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day?[in just 3 minutes]
- How to add beneficiary in HDFC bank online
- How to change HDFC Debit card PIN - 4 Easy Methods