Every Bank now has a requirement of Minimum Balance. Even a Basic saving account requires you to maintain an Average Monthly Balance. If you have an HDFC Bank account, you also need to know what is minimum balance required to avoid charges. In this guide, we will see how to check Minimum balance required in HDFC bank account online.
Table of Contents
What thing you should have to know minimum balance in HDFC?
- You must know the HDFC customer ID or UserID to log in to Internet Banking.
- You should also know HDFC Netbanking Password. Forgot the password? Change your password by reading this guide.
- You must have the HDFC App Quick Access PIN to log in to the app.
How to check Minimum balance required in HDFC?
You can check the Average Monthly balance (MAB) from internet banking and Mobile App.
Method 1 – How to check minimum balance required in hdfc using HDFC APP?
- LOGIN to the HDFC Mobile App. If you haven’t registered on the app yet, follow this guide – how to register on HDFC mobile App.
- Once you log in to the app, tap on the “Balance”.
- Then select the “Show Account Details” option.
- On the same page, you can now check the “Required Monthly Average Balance” in Rupees.
Method 2 – How to check minimum balance required in hdfc using Netbanking?
- Open HDFC Bank website on your computer/smartphone browser – hdfcbank.com
- Click on the LOGIN button to log in to your netbanking account.
- Then enter Customer ID or User ID to log in.
- Also, enter the correct HDFC netbanking Password.
- Once you log in to your account, from the main page, click on the “Account Summary” option from the left side menu.
- Now, click on the balance shown on the screen.
- Now, on the same screen, click on “Account Number” option.
- From the new screen, you can view your account details along with the Monthly minimum balance required in HDFC Account.
Also Read – HDFC bank statement download in just 1 minute
HDFC Saving Account Minimum Balance Requirement –
Saving account varients with HDFC bank have minimum balance requirements –
|Regular Saving||Metro & Urban||10,000|
|Women Savings Account||Metro & Urban||10,000|
|Women Savings Account||Semi-Urban||5,000|
|Women Savings Account||Rural||2,500|
Is there any Zero Balance Account in HDFC?
While all regular HDFC Bank account has Monthly Balance Requirements, Salary Account, and HDFC Instasave Account(1 Yr Validity only).
What is Monthly Average Balance in HDFC?
Every Saving account holder should maintain a minimum balance in their account to avoid charges. Based on the Account variant the Monthly Average Balance (MAB) is different.
Basically, MAB is a monthly average balance that is calculated over a month.
Monthly Average Balance Calculations –
|Balance in Account||for Days||MAB|
According to this table, there is no need to keep all the money all the time in the bank. If you have to use the remaining Rs. 10,000 in account today, make sure to keep Rs. 20,000 for next day to make the average of Rs. 10,000.
Also Read – How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
In this guide, we have seen two methods on how to check the minimum balance required in hdfc. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, let me know in the comment section below.
- HDFC transfer limit for new beneficiary other bank
- How to do HDFC bank statement download? in just 1 minute
- How to change Address in HDFC bank online?
- How to get HDFC bank statement through email? [In just 2 minutes]
- How to change email id in HDFC bank?
- HDFC Credit card PIN generation in just 2 minutes
- How to register credit card in HDFC Netbanking? [10 Easy Steps]