Union Bank is one of the largest Government-owned banks in India. The customer base of Union bank as of 2018 was 67 million. The bank provides many facilities to its customers for ease of transaction. One such service is blocking ATM card instantly. In this article, I will explain how to block Union Bank ATM card. All information is well explained in step by step manner.
Table of Contents
Things required to block Union Bank ATM Card –
- The registered mobile number must be with you.
- The number must be recharged so that you can call to UBI customer car OR send an SMS.
- Internet Banking Username and Password.
How to block Union Bank ATM Card Instantly?
There are two methods to block Union bank atm card instantly.
- Block atm card via Call
- Block Union Bank ATM card by sending SMS
- Block ATM card via internet banking
We will see each method in detail.
Method 1 – How to block Union Bank ATM Card by Calling Customer Care?
This method is the easiest of all. There are different phone numbers for Debit card blocking and Credit card blocking.
Block Union Bank Debit card –
- Dial 1800222244 or 18002082244 from your registered mobile number.
- Select the card blocking option from the IVRS menu.
- Now select verify your card number and choose block debit card.
Block Union Bank Credit Card –
- Dial 1800223222 (toll-free) or 022-40426008 (chargeable) from your registered mobile number or any mobile number.
- Once the call gets connected, select the card blocking option.
- Now select verify your card number and choose the block card option.
Method 2 – How to block Union Bank ATM card by sending SMS?
You need to have a registered mobile number with you to send SMS
- Open the SMS application on your phone.
- Type a message in the following format and send it on 9223008486
BLOCK [last four digits of the card]
e.g., BLOCK 1234 send it to 9223008486
Method 3 – How to block Union Bank ATM card via Internet banking?
- Log in to union bank internet banking from the site – https://www.unionbankonline.co.in.
- Open the Requests section from the main home page.
- Now select the ‘Block ATM card‘.
- Enter the reason for blocking and the atm card number.
- Click on the ‘Block card‘ to block it instantly.
Also Read – How to do Union bank ATM PIN change online
This guide about how to block Union bank ATM card explains how to block your union bank debit card and credit card. This blocking can be done using three methods. All methods are easy, and you can block your card instantly. In case you have any doubt regarding this article, and the process of how to block union bank atm card, then feel free to write your queries in the comment section below.
- Union Bank Cheque book request online in just 5 minutes
- Union bank add Nominee online in just 2 minutes
- How to change mobile number in union bank of India?
- What do if I forgot Union bank User ID? Quickly recover Kotak UserID in 2 minutes.
- How to change Union bank net banking password?
- How to activate union bank debit card for online transaction?
- How to activate net banking in union bank of India?