if you are a credit card holder, then you might want to increase your credit limit more than what you have currently. But there is no easy way other than upgrading to a new credit card variant. But in this guide, I have shared the trick to increase SBI credit card limit. If you are an SBI credit card holder then this guide explains to you how to increase SBI credit card limit by app, in detail and step by step manner.
Things required to increase SBI credit card limit
- Active SBI credit card
- No late EMI’s and dues
- On-time payment for your purchases
- Some closed EMI’s which were paid on time
Trick to increase SBI Credit Card Limit
Here are some steps by which you can easily increase your SBI credit card limit –
Trick 1 – Purchase something on EMI and pay EMI’s on time
With your available limit, try to purchase some goods on EMI’s and pay all EMI’s on time. You can avail Zero cost EMI benefit on Amazon and Flipkart offers days, so that you can some EMI conversion charges.
Once you pay all EMI’s on time, after a few days you will get SMS and Email about credit card limit increase.
Trick 2 – Purchase High-Value products and utilize all your credit limit
Try to purchase an item of high value and utilize all your available credit. SBI card offers to overvalue purchases if you pay more amount than your credit limit. For example, if your credit limit is Rs. 33,000 and you have to purchase a laptop worth Rs. 35,000 then you can pay Rs. 2,000 Rs to your credit card and your limit increases to Rs. 35,000 so that you can purchase that particular laptop.
Trick 3 – Call customer Care and ask to close your Card and tell the reason of low credit limit
This method always works and is very simple. Just call SBI card Customer care and tell them that you want to close your card because the credit limit is very low. You can also tell them that, you have got other bank credit card with the higher credit limit and best offers on that card. Upon verification, they will convince you to keep your card and they will increase your limit.
Trick 4 – Manitan your CIBIL score/ Credit Score
sometimes maintaining CIBIL score also helps you to increase SBI Credit Card limit. Usually, maintaining Credit Score above 750 is good practice and helps you to get loans and credit cards easily. Read how to Check Credit Score for free.
How to increase SBI Credit card limit by App
Here are the steps to increase the SBI card limit by using the app –
- Step1: Once you got the SMS or Email about the credit limit increase, open the SBI card App on your smartphone. If you don’t have an SBI card app on your phone, you have to install the app and add your card to the app. Read how to activate the SBI card using app.
- Step2: From the home screen of the app, open the left side menu by tapping on the 3-line hamburger menu on the top left side of the screen.
- Step3: Now, tap and select the Services option from the menu.
- Step4: From the new screen, various services about your SBI card will be shown. Select Credit Limit Increase option.
- Step5: Your new credit limit will be shown on the screen. Accept the t&c statement by fully reading it and tap on the CONFIRM button.
- Step6: On the new Popup screen, a confirmation about your SBI Credit card limit increase is displayed and a Service request number is also mentioned. Click OK to close the window.
You can now go to the home screen you can see the credit limit is increased for free.