Indian Overseas Bank provides mobile banking to its customers for easy access to their accounts on mobile phones. You can manage your account, do transactions, check the balance using IOB mobile banking facility. In this guide, we will see how to do IOB mobile banking registration online with step by step guide in a detailed manner.
Things required for IOB mobile banking registration online
- Mobile Number – Your mobile number should be registered with the bank to activate IOB mobile banking.
- The mobile number should have an active plan to send and receive SMS.
- Internet connection on the mobile to download and use IOB mobile App.
How to do IOB Mobile banking registration online
Follow these simple steps to activate iob mobile banking
- Step 1: At first, download the IOB Mobile App on your mobile from the Playstore/App store.
- Step 2: Open the App and allow SMS and call permission. (for sending and receiving verification messages and detecting the mobile number)
- Step 3: Now, skip the Introduction pages and then Select the SIM card which is linked to the bank and then click on the Send SMS button.
- Step 4: The app will now send a verification SMS and retrieve the information from the bank server to display the mobile number linked with the bank.
- Step 5: Click on the PROCEED button to activate iob mobile banking.
- Step 6: On the new popup window, your account number will be displayed. Check if its correct and then click on the CONFIRM button.
- Step 7: Once confirmed, you will be able to create an MPIN of 4 digits.
- Step 8: On the new popup screen, the message shows OTP has been sent to your mobile number.
- Step 9: Enter this OTP on the new screen and click on the VERIFY OTP button. If you don’t receive OTP after waiting for 5 minutes, click on the Regenerate OTP button.
- Step 10: Once the OTP is verified, you can create a Login password, re-enter the password and click on the SUBMIT button.
- Step 11: Done, your IOB mobile banking registration has been completed, and the same will be displayed on the new popup window.
You can now login with the Login password (and accept terms and conditions for the first-time log in).
Features of the IOB mobile banking App. What you can do with the IOB mobile banking App?
- Balance Enquiry
- Mini statement
- Statement download in PDF
- Fund Transfer through NEFT
- Find transfer through IMPS
- Credit Card Payment
- Mobile, DTH recharge
- Cheque book request
- Debit card blocking
- And many more
Safety precautions to take while using the IOB mobile banking App
You must follow the safety tips provided by the bank to secure your account and your money.
- Always enable the Security Password, PIN, Pattern on your phone so that no other unauthorized person can get hold onto your mobile phone and IOB app.
- Do not share your mobile app login password to anyone.
- The four-digit MPIN is required for fund transfers only. Do not share or enter this MPIN in front of anyone.
- Do not respond to calls who ask your pin, OTP overcall.
- The bank never calls you to ask the app password, account number, MPIN, OTP, etc. So never tell anything on call or SMS to anyone.
How to get BOI mini statement using IOB mobile banking app
- Log in to the app using App password you set during activation.
- Now, from the home page, click on the Account option.
- On the new screen, select your account number.
- now, from the new page, you will get the account balance. Here, select the MINI STATEMENT button.
- You can now view the last 10 transactions of your selected IOB account.
You can do IOB mobile banking registration online by sitting at home and without visiting the bank branch. If you have any queries regarding the information provided about iob mobile banking activation, you can feel free to write below in the comment section.