Indian Overseas Bank provides an online facility to get the bank account balance for its customers. Under the Digital India Campaign, checking bank account balance has now become a lot easier than earlier. In this guide, we will see how to do the Indian Overseas Bank balance check online by sitting at home without going to the bank branch or ATM.
Things required for Indian Overseas Bank balance check online
- Mobile number – This is the only important thing you need to check the IOB balance online. Your mobile number should be linked to the bank. If your mobile number is not linked or you have changed the mobile number, then update your mobile number by going to the bank. This is the time process.
- Your mobile number should have an active mobile plan to send and receive SMS. – This is just for registering on banking apps and it is a one-time process.
- Internet connection on the phone is good to get the balance quickly. If you don’t have the Internet on phone, don’t worry, you can check your account balance without an internet connection too.
Methods for Indian Overseas Bank balance check Online.
There are few methods to check IOB balance online –
- Get IOB balance by sending SMS
- Get balance using IOB Mobile App.
- Get an IOB balance using m-Passbook app.
- Know IOB account balance using UPI App.
- Check IOB account balance without Internet using *99# service
- Check balance via Internet banking
We will see each method in detail.
Method 1 – Indian Overseas Bank Account balance check by SMS
For checking balance by SMS, you need the mobile number linked with the bank and active SMS functionality on your phone.
- Open the SMS app from your phone and type the following message –
BAL [space] Last four digits of a/c number
E.g. BAL 1234
- Send this message to IOB balance check SMS number – 84240 22122
- In the reply message in a few moments, you will get the account balance.
Method 2 – Indian Overseas bank balance check via IOB mobile App
- First of all, download the IOB mobile banking app on your smartphone.
- Now, open the app and complete the registration process. We have explained the detailed mobile banking activation process in this post.
- Now login with your App password.
- On the main page, you can see your account balance.
- To get the mini statement of your account, click on the Account option from the home page and then select the account and click on View Mini statement option.
Method 3 – How to check IOB account balance using m-passbook app
- Download the IOB m-passbook app on your smartphone.
- Open the app and enter the account number and mobile number linked with the bank. Click on the PROCEED button.
- On your mobile phone, you will receive the OTP. Enter this OTP on the app screen and click on the SUBMIT button.
- Once the OTP is verified, you can enter the MPIN for the app. Re-enter the MPIN and click on the SUBMIT button.
- You are now registered on the m-Passbook app, and the same will be displayed on the new popup window.
- Enter the Six digit MPIN to login to the IOB m-passbook app
- For the first time login, the app will sync your last transactions done in the account. Wait for the process to complete.
- On the main page, you can now view the account balance.
- Click on the passbook option to view all transactions done in your account.
- You can download the statement of your account by selecting a Statement option from the menu.
Method 4 – How to get the Indian Overseas Bank account balance check using UPI App.
For the UPI method, you will need a Mobile number linked with the bank and inserted on the same mobile where the UPI app is installed. Also, you will need a Debit/ATM card for UPI registration.
- Download Any UPI on your phone. For this process, we will install the PhonePe app on the phone.
- Once you download the app, open it, and complete the registration process.
- Now, link your IOB bank account in the app by verifying the mobile number.
- Create a UPI PIN by entering the Debit card last six-digit and expiry date.
- Now, you can click on the Check Balance option from the homepage of the PhonePe App.
- Select the IOB account and enter the UPI PIN.
- You can now view the IOB account balance on the screen.
Method 5 – How to check Indian Overseas Bank account balance using IOB Internet Banking
- Open the IOB Internet banking website on your mobile/computer. – https://www.iobnet.co.in/
- Now, click on Continue to the Login option.
- Click on Personal Banking Option from the homepage.
- Enter your IOB login ID and password for internet banking.
- Aso, enter the CAPTCHA code or OTP and click on the Login button.
- Once you successfully logged in, you can view the account balance on the main dashboard.
Method 6 – How to get Indian Overseas Bank account balance without Internet on the phone
If you don’t have the Internet on your phone, but you want to check the balance of your account, then you can do this using the NUUP service. For this method, you will need a Debit card and registered mobile number to create a UPI account and PIN.
- Dial *99# on your phone.
- On the pour message, select a check account balance.
- Then enter your UPI PIN, and on the next popup, you will get your account balance.
- The detailed information about NUUP *99# service and process to register for NUUP service is explained in the below post-
You can easily get an Indian Overseas Bank account balance check online from your phone and computer. In this guide, we have explained five easy methods to view the IOB balance. If you have any doubts, queries regarding the information provided, you can write below in the comment section.