IDFC Bank provides a Debit card with their savings account that comes with Online and international transactions disabled by default. In this article, we will learn how to activate IDFC debit card for online transactions from the computer and mobile sitting at your home without going to the bank. We will learn different methods to complete this process in step by step manner.
Requirements to enable IDFC debit card for online transactions –
- IDFC App PIN
- IDFC Net banking password.
- The mobile number is registered with the bank.
- Your number should be active to receive an SMS.
Once you have all the required things, you can easily activate the online transaction on your IDFC debit card. Lets see the full process.
Table of Contents
How to activate IDFC debit card for online transactions?
There are a total of three methods through which you can do this process –
- Using IDFC App
- Through Internet Banking
Method 1 – How to activate IDFC debit card for online transactions using IDFC App
Follow these steps –
- Open IDFC App on your smartphone.
- Enter the PIN or authenticate it using your fingerprint.
- From the main page, tap on the menu icon at the top.
- From the menu, tap on the ‘Settings & Limits‘ option.
- Tap on the Edit icon at the ‘Manage debit card limits‘ option from the page.
- Select your debit card from the next screen.
- Click on the ‘Manage‘ option in the Purchase Limits section.
- Now you can enable ‘Online transactions‘ and ‘Offline transactions‘ from the page.
- Also, enter the spending limit for each transaction type.
- At the bottom of the page, press Confirm button.
- You can now enter the App PIN to authenticate.
- Once you tap on Verify button, you can now save the changes.
Method 2 – How to activate IDFC debit card for online transactions using IDFC Net Banking?
Follow these steps –
- Open IDFC netbanking on your computer/smartphone browser – https://my.idfcfirstbank.com/login.
- Enter your mobile number and password. Know how to reset IDFC netbanking password.
- You will receive OTP on the screen. Enter the OTP and click on the Login button.
- On the main page, click on the ‘Accounts’ option.
- Now from sub-menu, select the ‘Cards’ option.
- Select your ‘Debit card‘ from the list.
- In the purchase limits section, click on the ‘Manage‘ option.
- Enable ‘Online‘ and Offline/PoS transactions by turning ON toggle button.
- At the bottom of the page, click the ‘Confirm and get OTP‘ button.
- Enter the OTP on the screen which is received on your registered mobile number.
The online transaction feature is now enabled for your debit card.
- Forgot IDFC First Bank Password: How to change IDFC First Bank Internet Banking Password?
- How to get Interest Certificate from IDFC First Bank in just 2 minutes
- How to activate international transaction on idfc debit card
- How to get IDFC first bank mini statement in Mobile?
- How to view IDFC bank account statement online?
- How to get customer ID in IDFC first Bank? Within just 2 minutes