IDFC Bank gives a debit card facility to its customers for cash withdrawals and online transactions. Unfortunately, if you lost your card or misplace it, you may want to block it. You must block the card to avoid misuse of the card and money loss. You can temporarily block or permanently block IDFC first bank debit card without going to bank by sitting at home. In this post, we will see how to block IDFC First bank debit card online and without the internet.
Table of Contents
Things required to block IDFC First Bank Debit Card
- Mobile Number – You must have the mobile number registered in the bank
- IDFC bank App login – If you want to block and request a new debit card through a bank app, then you should know the app login (OR register using a mobile number)
- IDFC bank net banking user ID and password – If you want to block and request a new debit card through Internet Banking, you should know the User ID and Password for internet banking login.
Methods to block IDFC bank Debit card Instantly
- By sending SMS
- By Calling Customer Care
- via IDFC Mobile Banking App
- Via IDFC Internet Banking
- Through Whatsapp Banking
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to block IDFC Debit card by sending SMS
- Open the SMS app on your mobile with the registered mobile number.
- Type the following SMS –
IDFC first Bank Debit card block SMS – Type BLOCK <Space> <Last 4 digits of card number> send this SMS to 9289289960 OR 5676732
- After sending an SMS, your debit card will be blocked instantly.
Method 2 – Block IDFC debit card by Calling Customer Care
- Dial the following number from your registered mobile number –
IDFC First bank Customer Care – 1800 419 4332
- Once the call gets connected, select Block Debit Card option from the IVRS menu.
- Now, select the Temporary Block or Permanent Block option.
- Very your details to customer executive.
- Your card will be blocked instantly.
Method 3 – How to Block IDFC Debit Card using Whatsapp
- Give a missed call on the following number from your registered mobile number.
IDFC First Bank Whatsapp Banking Number – 95555 55555
- You will now receive a Whatsapp message about Banking services on Whatsapp provided by IDFC First Bank.
- From the menu, select “Block Card using Mob“option.
- Enter the Last Four Digits of your card number that you wish to block.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP in WhatsApp.
- Your card is now blocked.
Method 4 – How to block IDFC Debit card block using Mobile Banking App
- Download ISDC First Banking mobile banking app on your smartphone.
- Register on the app by entering your mobile number and OTP.
- Log in to the app by entering a four-digit PIN.
- On the right side of the screen, tap on Menu icon.
- Tap on Debit Card Option and then select Block Debit Card.
- You can now tap on Block Temporarily Or block Permanently.
Method 5 -IDFC First bank Debit card block using Internet Banking
- Log in to your internet banking account by entering your username and password. – https://my.idfcfirstbank.com/login
- Click on Debit Card option from the left menu and then click on the Block/Unblock Cards option.
- On the new screen, you can select Temporary Block or Permanent Block options.
- If you want to block the card permanently, then enter a reason to block it as a card damaged or card lost/stolen. Also, select if you want to apply for a new card.
Must Read – How to Change Debit Card PIN in IDFC First Bank?
You can easily block your IDFC first bank debit card without internet by SMS or Call. You can also use the mobile app and Internet banking to temporarily block or permanently block the debit card from your smartphone instantly. In case you have any query about this guide, “How to block IDFC first bank Debit Card instantly,” then write to us in the comment section below.
- Forgot IDFC First Bank Password: How to change IDFC First Bank Internet Banking Password?
- How to get Interest Certificate from IDFC First Bank in just 2 minutes
- How to activate IDFC Debit card for Online transaction?
- How to activate international transaction on idfc debit card
- How to get IDFC first bank mini statement in Mobile?
- How to view IDFC bank account statement online?
- How to get customer ID in IDFC first Bank? Within just 2 minutes