IDFC Bank provides various modes of payments for payments in India. One of the oldest modes of Payment in the banking system is by cheque. If you have an IDFC first bank account and need a cheque book, then this guide is for you. In this guide, we will see various methods to request IDFC first bank Cheque book without going to the bank.
Things required for IDFC first bank request
- IDFC net banking Access – You must have IDFC first bank internet banking user id and password to access your account.
- Registered mobile number – You must have the registered mobile number with you to request passbook by calling customer care and by sending sms.
- The registered mobile number should be active and able to send/receive SMS, make Call.
Also Read – How to get customer ID in IDFC first Bank
How to do IDFC first bank Cheque book request without going to bank
There are currently 5 different methods available to request cheque book in IDFC first bank account which doesn’t require you to visit the bank.
- By Internet banking
- Via Mobile App
- By Calling Customer Care
- By sending SMS
- Via Whatsapp
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – How to do IDFC first bank cheque book request by Internet banking
- Open IDFC bank website on your computer/mobile – https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/
- Click on the Customer Login button and select Login.
- Login to your account by entering your user id/mobile number and password.
- From the main menu, click on More option.
- From drop-down menu, select the Cheque book management option.
- Now, click on “Request Cheque Book” from the new screen.
- Select the account number from the next page. Confirm the Address of delivery.
- By default, you will get 20 leaves cheque book. If you need more cheque leaves, then click on “Need More?” option.
- Now select the Number of cheque books as 1, 2 or 3 and select Leaves per cheque book as 10, 20, or 50.
- After you select the options, click on Confirm button.
- Your request for a cheque book is now submitted. You will receive SMS and Email about service request and about the dispatch of cheque book.
Method 2 – How to do IDFC first bank cheque book request via IDFC mobile app
- Download IDFC First Mobile App on your smartphone.
- Open the app and register on the app using mobile number and password.
- After you log in to the app, click on More option and then select Cheque book management option.
- Now, select Account number and then tap on “Request Cheque book” option.
- Tap on “Need more?” option and select Number of cheque books as 1, 2, or 3. Also, select leaves per cheque book as 10, 20 or 50.
- Confirm the delivery address and click on Confirm button.
- Your request for IDFC bank checkbook is submitted successfully, and you will get SMS and Email about the same.
Method 3- IDFC first bank cheque book request by Calling Customer Care
If you don’t have access to internet banking, then you can call idfc customer care to order a new chequebook.
- From your registered mobile number, call on 18004194332
- Once the call gets connected, select language.
- Now, from IVRS menu, select Bank account services option.
- Then select “Chequebook related queries” option.
- Then select “Order a new chequebook” from the next menu.
- Press 1 to confirm the selection.
- Now your cheque book request is placed successfully.
Method 4 – How to order IDFC first bank cheque book by SMS
- Open messages from your registered mobile number phone.
- Type CHQBK< Space><Last 4 digits of account number> and send this SMS on 9289289960
- Your request for IDFC cheque book is now placed and you will get a reply SMS consisting of a service request number.
Method 5 – Order IDFC Bank Cheque book using Whatsapp.
You just need a registered mobile number, WhatsApp, and internet connection to order new cheque book for idfc bank account.
- Turn on the internet connection on your smartphone and give a missed call 95555 55555
- After the call gets disconnected, you will receive an message on Whatsapp from idfc bank.
- From the main menu, select “Cheque Book Request“.
- Your request is now placed and you will get request number on WhatsApp.
How to do IDFC first bank cheque book request by filling form
If you don’t have Internet banking access or don’t have a registered mobile number with you currently, then you can fill “Chequebook request form” and submit the duly filled form at the nearest branch,
- Download IDFC bank Cheque Book request form here and take a print of the document.
- Enter the details asked such as Full name, Account number, number of leaves required per cheque book, etc.
- After writing all the required details, sign the form. Signature must be same as per bank record.
- Submit this form to the nearest bank branch.
- Within 7 working days, cheque book will be delivered to the address registered with the bank.
Must Read – How to add nominee in IDFC first bank online
You can easily order a new cheque book for IDFC bank account. We have seen three easy methods for IDFC first bank cheque book request without going to the bank. We have also seen a cheque book request by filling up the form and visiting the bank branch. If you have any doubts/queries regarding the information provided in this article, then write to us in the comment section below.
- How to activate international transaction on idfc debit card
- How to get Interest Certificate from IDFC First Bank in just 2 minutes
- How to do IDFC bank balance enquiry online and without internet in 1 minute
- How to block IDFC first bank Credit Card Instantly
- How to add beneficiary in IDFC first Bank within 5 minutes
- IDFC Bank Credit card Activation in 5 minutes