IDFC Bank gives various options to check your account balance. Account-holders of IDFC first bank doesn’t need to go to the bank or ATM to check their account balance; you can check by sitting at home. In this guide, we will see how to do IDFC bank balance enquiry online by sitting at home.
Table of Contents
Things required to check IDFC bank balance online
- Registered mobile number – The mobile number registered with the bank must be with you to do idfc bank balance enquiry
- IDFC net banking user id and password
- IDFC mobile app PIN.
- Last four digits of the account number (to check the balance by sending SMS)
- Debit card details (To check the balance using UPI App)
How to do IDFC bank balance enquiry?
There are currently 7 methods available to check IDFC bank balance
- By Missed call (without Internet).
- By sending SMS (Without Internet).
- Using IDFC App
- Using IDFC Net Banking
- Using UPI App
- Check balance without internet using *99#
- By going to ATM
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1 – IDFC bank balance enquiry by giving missed call (Without Internet)
You can get the account balance by giving just a missed call from a registered mobile number and don’t require an internet connection.
- Get your mobile number which is registered with the bank and dial the following number –
IDF Bank balance check number – 18002700720
- Wait for the call to gets connected and automatically disconnects.
- After the call ends, check your SMS, you will receive an SMS from IDFC banks which shows your total balance.
Method 2 – How to get IDFC bank balance by Sending SMS
You can send an SMS to know your IDFC bank account balance. This method also doesn’t require an Internet connection but needs an active sim card with the balance in it so that you can send and receive SMS.
- Open the SMS app on your phone and create a new message.
- Type BALANCE < Space><Last 4 digits of account number> and send this message to the following number –
IDFC bank balance check by SMS – 9289289960 OR 5676732
- Note that you may get charged based on your recharge plan. make sure you have a balance or active SMS pack.
- Once the SMS sent successfully, within a few seconds you will receive an SMS from IDFC bank which contains your bank account balance.
Method 3 – How to do IDFC bank balance enquiry using Mobile App?
- Download IDFC First bank Mobile App on your smartphone.
- Open the app and register using the registered mobile number, customer id, and OTP received on the mobile number.
- Set the four-digit login PIN for the app.
- Once you successfully register on the app, log in to the app by entering App PIN.
- Once you log in to the app, you can view the total account balance for your IDFC bank account.
- If you have multiple accounts with IDFC bank, you can swipe left to check the other bank account balances.
- By tapping on the balance, you can also view the mini statement for the IDFC bank account. Read this guide to Get IDFC bank mini statement.
Method 4 – How to get IDFC bank balance enquiry using Internet banking?
- Open IDFC bank website on your computer/smartphone – https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/
- Click on the Customer Login button from the main menu.
- Now, click on LOGIN to New portal button. (if you have an account opened after 25 December 2021) Or else click on Login to existing portal. IDFC Bank will migrate all the account holders to new internet banking portal very soon.
- Enter your registered mobile number and then enter the password.
- Once you successfully log in to your account, on the main page, you can view the total balance for your idfc bank account.
- You can click on the balance to view the mini statement of your idfc account.
- If you have multiple bank accounts with idfc, then click on the Accounts section from the left menu and then select the account of which you want to check the account balance.
Method 5 – How to view IDFC account balance using UPI?
UPI is a new method to check balance and send/receive money without sharing your account details. many UPI apps are available for smartphones which basically run on BHIM UPI technology.
In this guide, we will see how to use PhonePe UPI App to check your account balance.
- Download Google Pay UPI App on your phone.
- Open the app and enter your mobile number and then email id.
- Verify the mobile number by entering OTP received on your smartphone.
- Note that the Mobile number SIM should be inserted on the same phone in which you have downloaded UPI App. If the SIM card is on a different phone then the UPI app will not work.
- Once the OTP is verified, you can now select the app lock method – PIN or Pattern. (You have to enter this PIN/pattern every time you open the app)
- Now, from the main screen of the app, tap on Your Profile Picture from the top right corner.
- Tap on bank Account and then select Add Bank account option.
- Select Bank name from the list. you can search IDFC to find it quickly.
- Now, confirm the mobile number registered with the bank is the same as registered with Gpay app.
- Tap on the Continue button and the App will verify your mobile number with the bank (by sending SMS in the background).
- On the next screen, enter the Last Six digits of your IDFC debit card and Month and Data in MM/YY
- Now, on the next screen, enter the ATM PIN of your IDFC debit card.
- After successful verification of the card details, you can now set the UPI PIN.
- Enter the Four-Digit UPI PIN of your choice. (IDFC bank have four digits of UPI PIN while other major bank uses six sigits UPI PIN)
- After the bank is successfully added in GPay you can now view the bank account balance by entering UPI PIN.
UPI registration is a one-time process, after creating UPI PIN, you can use any UPI app with the same UPI PIN to check your account balance anytime.
Method 6 – IDFC bank account balance enquiry without internet – NUUP *99# service
This is the BHIM UPI service which works on Basic mobile phones which don’t have an internet connection. You can check your account balance from your keypad basic phone also.
Method 7 – IDFC first bank account balance check using ATM
All the above methods require a registered mobile number or internet connection to check your balance. if you don’t have a registered mobile number with you and don’t have an internet connection, then you may not be able to check your account balance.
In such case, you can use your Debit card to check the account balance from the nearest ATM.
- Go to the nearest ATM of any bank.
- Insert the ATM card and do not Remove it (a new EVM based chip card needs to be inserted all the time while doing atm transactions).
- Enter ATM PIN and then select the option to check account balance.
- Checking an account using ATM is not counted as a transaction so you can check your account balance as many times as you want to don’t worry about five free transactions.
You can easily check IDFC bank account balance by sitting at home. If you have an account with IDFC first bank, then you can check the account balance using your mobile phone. In this guide, we have seen seven different methods to do IDFC bank balance enquiry. In case you have any doubt/query regarding the information provided in this article, you can write to us in the comment section below.
- How to do IDFC first bank Cheque book request without going to bank
- How to get customer ID in IDFC first Bank? Within just 2 minutes
- How to add beneficiary in IDFC first Bank? 5 minutes process
- How to Change Debit Card PIN in IDFC First Bank?
- [Working method] How to change Email ID in IDFC First Bank? [Within 2 Minutes]
- Forgot IDFC First Bank Password: How to change IDFC First Bank Internet Banking Password?
- How to get IDFC first bank mini statement in Mobile?