IDFC Bank provides ATM banking and online shopping via Debit card to its customers. For new debit cards, the user must activate the card and set the PIN to start using it. You can activate IDFC Debit card online or via Phone call within a minute. In this guide, we will see how to activate IDFC Debit card online and via Call
Things required for IDFC Bank Debit card activation
- IDFC Bank Debit account holder Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY.
- Registered mobile number with the bank should be with you while doing IDFC debit card activation.
- Internet Banking User Id and password (for online activation).
- IDFC bank debit card number, Expiry date and CVV (online activation if you don’t have internet banking access).
- Customer ID number. ( You can get the customer ID in welcome kit received).
- Your mobile number must be active to make calls (for activation via Phone Call) and receive OTP for verification.
How to activate IDFC Debit Card Online
- Via Phone Call
- Via Internet banking
- Via Internet banking
We will see each method in detail –
Method 1: IDFC First bank Debit card Activation via Phone Call
This method is the easiest method available to activate idfc debit card. If you don’t have internet banking access or internet access then this method is best for you.
- From your registered mobile number, dial the following number from dial-pad.
IDFC bank debit card activation toll-free number – 1800 419 4332
- Once the call gets connected, select the language from the menu. ( Enter the number from number pad corresponding to the language you want to select).
- On the next menu, select Debit card Services option and enter the corresponding number from the number pad.
- Now, select the Debit card PIN generation option.
- For confirmation, IVRS ask you to enter the date of birth. Enter the date of birth in DDMMYYYY. For E.g. if your date of birth is 1st May 1993, then enter 01051993.
- Once the date of birth is verified, you can set the four-digit PIN Number for your IDFC first debit card.
- Once again enter the PIN to verify correctness.
Your debit card PIN is now set. You can now use the card for ATM withdrawals, POS and Online transactions.
Method 2: Activate IDFC Bank debit card Online(without internet banking).
If you don’t have internet banking access, then this method is best for you.
- Open the IDFC bank website for debit card activation on your computer – https://my.idfcbank.com/start
- Now, click on Generate Debit card PIN option at the bottom of the page.
- On the new screen, enter your IDFC customer ID, Country and Mobile Number. Enter the CAPTCHA code shown correctly and click on Next Button.
- On the next page, enter the Debit card number, Expiry date and CVV. Click on Submit button.
- You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the next page.
- Now you can enter the You can now Enter the new PIN of your choice. Also, re-enter the PIN for verification.
Your card is now active and ready for use.
Method 3: How to activate IDFC Debit card using Internet Banking
If you don’t have customer id and date of birth for account holder then this method is best for you. However, you must have internet banking USer ID and password to login to your account.
- Open the IDFC bank internet banking user ID and password.
- From the left side menu, click on Debit card option and then select Generate PIN.
- Select the card number from the screen, enter Expiry date and CVV for your card.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- You can now set the PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN for verification and click on SUBMIT button to generate the PIN.
IDFC debit card activation is now complete and ready to use.
You can set IDFC bank debit card PIN and activate the card by sitting at home. In this guide, we have “How to activate IDFC debit card online” using different methods. If you have any doubts/queries about the information provided in this article, write to us in the comment section below.
- How to activate international transaction on idfc debit card
- How to get Interest Certificate from IDFC First Bank in just 2 minutes
- How to do IDFC bank balance enquiry online and without internet in 1 minute
- How to do IDFC first bank Cheque book request without going to bank
- How to block IDFC first bank Credit Card Instantly
- How to add beneficiary in IDFC first Bank within 5 minutes
- IDFC Bank Credit card Activation in 5 minutes