SBI is the most trusted bank in India. The majority of people prefer SBI bank for ease of accessibility, availability of branches, ATMs, and many online services. If you have an SBI account, then his guide might be helpful for you (currently or in the future). The guide explains how to change Address in SBI account in detail.
For some reason, when we move to a new home, the Address recorded in a bank needs to be changed. With no updated address, the bank cannot contact you for any banking-related documents, and you may miss the services offered by the bank.
The current rule of New Chip-based ATM card also needed to be sent to the Address, but many SBI customers didn’t get their new ATM card because the Address is not updated in bank records. This guide is about how to change Address in SBI account in simple steps.
Table of Contents
Documents required to change Address in SBI account –
There are simple KYC documents required to do this work. Here is the list of accepted documents –
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card – Link PAN with your SBI account.
- Ration Card
- NREGA card
- LIC policy – mentioning your current address.
- Election Card
Take a photocopy of a document and sign on it. The document must have the new Address mentioned. Otherwise, the bank cannot verify your current Address.
How to change Address in SBI account?
Follow these simple steps to change Address in SBI account –
- Step1: At first, you need to visit your SBI branch.
- Step2: after visiting, ask for an Address change form from the help desk counter.
- Step3: Now, fill the form with your account number, old address, and new address. Check the filled information is correct.
- Step4: Sign the form with your signature present in the SBI account. Also, don’t forget to mention the date.
- Step5: Now attach the photocopy of a document that mentions your new Address and sign on it. Check the accepted documents list in the above section.
- Step6: Submit the document to the corresponding executive.
- Step7: the executive will ask you for the original document that you have attached and verify its Address.
- Step8: executive then updates your new Address in the Bank database.
- Step9: After a few minutes, you will get an SMS over your registered mobile number stating, “your address is changed as per your request.”
This is how you can easily change Address in your SBI account.
Also Check – How To Change Registered Mobile Number In SBI ?
How to check the new Address is updated in SBI account?
You can check your new updated Address through SBI internet banking –
- Log in to your account using Internet banking user id and password.
- Go to the account statement and select the account number.
- Now select the statement period and click on ‘Proceed’.
- You can see your account details with the newly updated Address on the next screen.
This guide of how to change Address in SBI account helps you to stay updated with your KYC in the State bank of India. You can do this work by simply filling up the SBI address change form and submitting it to the bank with the required accepted document.
Also Check – How to change SBI ATM PIN online
- What is password for SBI statement? get SBI statement password in just 2 minutes
- How to get SBI CIF number Online and Offline? [easily in just 5 minutes]
- How to delete beneficiary in SBI?
- How to transfer sbi account to another branch online/offline
- How to deposit a cheque in SBI bank? 2 Minutes easy process
- How much money we can transfer from Yono SBI? 6 Easy Ways to transfer money through Yono.
- How to get sbi online banking username and password in 10 minutes