SBI is one of the biggest banks in India. SBI offers many facilities to its customers online and offline also. To avail of some of the services, you need to know to CIF number of your account. This number is unique for every customer and the same for all accounts in SBI in any branch. In this article, I have explained how to get SBI CIF number online and offline.
Table of Contents
What is CIF number? Full form of CIF number in SBI –
The Customer Information File (CIF) is the unique number assigned to every customer. CIF number stores all your personal and account details in the SBI database. This number helps to identify your accounts and track all transactions for the bank. Generally, this CIF number is not required to us as a customer, but in some cases, it’s required.
Where do we need a CIF number?
One specific service where we need a CIF number is the SBI branch change. You need to know your CIF number if you want to transfer your account from one SBI branch to another.
Things required to find SBI CIF Number –
A] How to get SBI CIF Number Online?
There are two different methods to check the CIF number online.
- From SBI Yono Lite App
- SBI internet banking
Method 1 – How to get SBI CIF number from SBI Yono Lite?
Follow these steps –
- Download and install the SBI Yono Lite App from the play store or App store.
- If you are a first-time user of the Yono Lite App, then register for the App. Read how to register for SBI Yono Lite App for the first time.
- Once you log in successfully to the App, tap the ‘Services’ option.
- From the next screen, tap on the ‘Online nomination‘ option.
- Select your account type from the next screen as ‘Transaction account‘ or ‘Deposit account.’
- On the same screen, select the account number.
- You can now see the SBI CIF number on your screen.
You can note this CIF number and close the App safely.
Method 2 – How to get SBI CIF number from Internet banking?
Follow these steps –
- Open https://www.onlinesbi.com/ on your phone or computer.
- Log in with your SBI net banking Username and Password.
- Click on the ‘Account statement‘ option from the left side menu.
- Select the account number and select the account statement period. And then click on the Submit button.
- You can see the CIF number at the beginning of the Account statement.
This way, you can get the CIF number of your SBI account with these simple four steps.
Must Read – How to check monthly average balance in SBI?
B] How to get SBI CIF number Offline?
1. From the Passbook –
You can get the CIF number from the passbook.
- Open the first page of your SBI Passbook.
- You can also see your details on the page, such as Name, Address, Bank Branch Name, Address, IFSC number, and the SBI CIF Number.
2. From SBI customer care helpline number –
You can call to SBI helpline number and ask for your CIF number. After connecting the call, the executive may ask for details to verify your identity. You can then ask them for the CIF number.
FAQ on SBI CIF number –
How can I get CIF number of SBI by SMS?
You cannot get CIF number of SBI by SMS. But there are other easy ways (online and offline) to get the cif easily.
How can I get CIF number without passbook?
Yes, you can get the CIF number even if you don't have passbook with you. You can login to Yono Lite App or SBI Internet banking and get your CIF.
Is IFSC code same as CIF?
No. IFSC code and CIF number are different. IFSC code is used to identify the branch of the bank , where CIF number is the unique number assignedto each customer and it must be kept private.
Where is CIF number in SBI ATM card?
CIF number is not mentioned on SBI ATM card. However, you can get the CIF number from Passbook or by login to your account on Yono Lite or Internet banking.
Where is CIF number in SBI passbook?
CIF number is mentioned in SBI passbook below account number. It is a 10 digit number printed on the passbook and should not be confused with MICR number and account number.
The SBI CIF number is a unique number assigned to every customer. In this guide, you can learn how to get SBI CIF number online and offline. If you have any doubts regarding this article, please write below in the comment section.
- How to get SBI bank statement through Email in just 5 minutes?
- How to activate SBI Debit card for online transactions? : 3 Easy Ways
- How to change SBI ATM PIN online? : [3 Easy Methods]
- How to deposit a cheque in SBI bank? 2 Minutes easy process
- How to Change registered Mobile Number In SBI?
- How to reset SBI Netbanking Password in 2 Minutes?
- What is State bank virtual card? How to create SBI virtual Card? in Just 1 minute