In previous days State Bank Of India used to send us a physical debit card with its PIN. But nowadays they send us only Debit Card. To activate SBI Debit Card by generating an ATM pin is really easy. In this post, I am going to share the process on how to activate SBI Debit Card.
You may have an account on State Bank Of India or you want to open an account. After you have opened an account on SBI, you will receive a Debit Card on your address. Now you have to activate the SBI Debit Card.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card Step by step process
State Bank Of India offers many ways to activate your SBI Debit Card. As a new SBI Debit Card user, you may don’t know the process to activate it. So, I did the hard work, going to share all the steps to activate SBI Debit Card.
Let’s dive into the post…
There are 4 ways to activate SBI Debit Card –
- By sending SMS
- By calling to SBI debit card activation number
- Through ATM
- Internet banking
Now let’s elaborate on each process.
A) Activate Debit Card Through SMS :
The easiest & simplest way to activate SBI Debit Card is through SMS.
- First of all, open your message box and type a message.
- Type PIN <space> Last 4 digits of Debit Card <space> Last 4 Digit Of Bank Account Number.
- Now send this SMS to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- You will receive 4 digit code on your registered mobile number. This code will be valid for the next 24 hours.
- Go to the nearest SBI ATM.
- Insert your card, you will be asked to enter the PIN. Enter the pin you have received in your registered mobile number.
- Now change your pin.
- Your SBI Debit Card will be activated for future use.
Also Read – [Quick way] SBI credit card mobile number change
B) Activate Debit Card Through IVR :
Another easy way to activate Debit Card is IVR (Interactive voice response).
- Call 1800112211 or 18004253800 from your registered mobile number.
- You will be asked to enter the ATM card number and then your Account Number.
- You will get 4 digit pin on your registered mobile number.
- Now go to the nearest SBI ATM.
- Insert your card and enter the pin you have received in your mobile number.
- Change your pin. Your card will be ready to use.
C) Activate Debit Card By Going ATM:
Another process to Activate SBI Debit Card is by going to the nearest ATM.
- Go to the nearest SBI ATM.
- When you will insert your Debit Card for the first time you will get an option to generate the PIN.
- Enter your Bank Account Number and Mobile Number.
- You will also get one time pin in your registered mobile number.
- Use that to change your pin.
Also Read – SBI cheque book request online in 5 minutes
D) Activate Debit Card Through INB :
If you have an existing SBI Account and you have Internet Banking in that, then you can also generate pin through Internet Banking.
- First of all, open the SBI website on your phone/computer – https://onelinesbi.com
- Now log in with your credentials.
- Go to e-Services>>ATM Card Services >> ATM Pin Generation.
- Use your profile password or OTP to get authenticated. [You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number].
- Select the account number and the card number.
- Enter the first 2 digits of PIN as per your preference. Then click on submit.
- On the next screen enter the first 2 digits created by you followed by 2 digits sent to your registered mobile number through SMS.
These 4 digits will be your new pin.
Also read – [Quick Way] SBI credit card address change
We have seen four easy methods on how to activate SBI debit card. All the methods are online and you can complete them sitting at home. Using these 4 easy methods you can easily activate your SBI Debit Card. Follow each step carefully to avoid errors. Hope this post will help you to activate your SBI Debit Card.
- How to change nominee in SBI fixed deposit online? [2 minutes guide]
- How to link PAN card in SBI account?
- How to change nominee in SBI online?
- How to create MOD account in SBI online? [In just 5 minutes]
- How to Update Email ID in SBI? [Quick 5 minute process]
- How to see virtual debit card in SBI?
- how to do SBI Home loan tracking online?